Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New Guy needing help!!!

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2012, 7:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy needing help!!!

Just bought my first Chevy, bought a 2011 Tahoe LT. Its actually the first new car I buy period haha. I don't wanna do too much to it, but I am looking for advice. My first post was on getting 26's to not rub, but I decided to go with 24's.

Now I just have a few questions, if you guys could answer for me, first should I lower it and what is the best lowering kit to not have a rough ride?

Second, I see all the talk about the Spyder Halo lights being too dim, should I just go with stock lights with HID's? Or do HID's fit in the Halos?

Any advice is good. Thanks guys.
Old January 7th, 2012, 2:44 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well considering that lowering it effects the ride, your stuck with a lesser of evils there... I would figure that with that large of rim and all you shouldn't need much lowering. lol

:chug:
Old January 7th, 2012, 3:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, yeah I figured. I modified the crap out of my Chrysler 300 and ended up selling it because of all the problems in the long run. So I'm trying to play it safe with my truck.

The 300 had and indash touch tv and tv's on the head rests, had air bags, had 24's with a low profile tire, body kit, the whole works. It was a sponsored show car, It was my baby. But started growing up and having my own bills and payments. Then all of a sudden touch screen gives out, then headrest dont turn on, popped 2 tires, bodykit was falling off. Just a hassle to deal with.

But I still want to do things to my truck, little mods, but dont want to hae to pay for them later.