Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

new here just got 03 suburban

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2020, 7:59 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but Good morning Gents
i did find part number online after hours of looking 15080343
but way to much money so will leave alone
OK i have 2 quick questions if anyone can answer 1 were can i get a wire diagram of back barn doors ?
2 i went and had 4 used tires put on burb and now i have a slight shake in wheel at any speed ? old tires were really worn out they did do a spin balance just wondering why these would be a problem any insights would be great
thanks for all and any help
Old March 29th, 2020, 2:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 566 Posts

I never buy used tires. I know from experience that they can have bulges and separations that you can't see. The machine only balances the tire, it doesn't put 5,000 lbs of weight on it.
Old October 24th, 2020, 3:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Hello every one hope all you are good and safe so i was wondering if any of you know about barn doors ?
have 03 and got a dash message about right rear door ajar
i am posting pics if any one knows which of these is circuit

Old October 24th, 2020, 4:03 PM
CF Junior Member

last two pics are of switch on lock
Old October 25th, 2020, 5:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe that a Right Rear Door alarm is referencing the Right Rear Passenger door and not the Barn doors. I had the same problem with my '03 with a rear hatch. Mine ended up being a bad BCM (body control module). Do you get a different message when you open the barn doors? The first thing to try after you identify which door is to check connections at the door lock and the BCM. The BCM is located under the dash near the steering column. It has several connectors but fortunately the one for the door connections is on the bottom and can be disconnected without removing the BCM. Try disconnecting and reconnecting. Then do the same at the door lock connector. If you have a way of checking continuity of the wiring from the door lock to the BCM try opening and closing the door while monitoring continuity between ground and the lead coming from the door lock at the BCM connector. With the door open, the lead will be connected to ground. Closed will show infinity. You will need a wiring diagram to determine which wire is from the door in question. If this shows no change while opening and closing the door, then the problem is with the door lock ,a bad connection at the door lock or a broken wire . If you can not check continuity then you can take a chance and replace the door lock and see if that fixes the problem. The door lock is a complete unit that includes the door ajar switch. If the door switch is functioning correctly then the problem is with the BCM. I was able to repair mine but I have a background in electronics and the ability to solder small components. Most people will be forced to replace the BCM. That is a whole other topic. If you get to that point. Search for discussions here and other places on the web as to the details.
Old October 25th, 2020, 9:53 AM
CF Junior Member

Red face

Thank you for all that
Say if i take the lock switch and disconnect can i use a jumper on side that goes to the wire harness
i will be checking some of the things you mentioned
Old October 25th, 2020, 11:09 AM
CF Junior Member

ok so you were right it's not barn door i did check as you suggested and found that it says rear access door wow was i surprised all tare this time looking in wrong area
will be pulling door panel off as soon as i do a youtube on how
will keep you posted
again thank you
Old October 25th, 2020, 11:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You are welcome.
The switch in the door lock for the right rear has a Lt Blu/Blk lead that returns to the BCM. Along the way it changes to Lt Grn/Blk. If you ground that wire at the switch connector (disconnected from the switch) it will trigger a door alarm.
Rick