Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New here, need 1998 Burb dashboard help pronto!

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2019, 7:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New here, need 1998 Burb dashboard help pronto!

Should’ve joined a while ago, I inherited my dad’s 1998 K1500 Suburban a year ago, and I’ve been working on refurbishing and repairing it to bring it to its former glory before it’s certifiably antique in like 3-4 years.

I’ve got the same problem a lot of people have with the upper dashboard cracking in the sunlight. Don’t want to use a dash cover because it’s like $200 for a thermoplastic one and I want to keep it as OEM as possible. I work at a dealership, and we just traded in a 99 Tahoe that’s gonna get scrapped. The interior looks the exact same as mine until (obviously) the back. The only thing that is in perfect condition on that whole car is the dashboard.

Will this upper dashboard (same generation, looks the same, same color) fit on my suburban? I’d like to know before I get to work on it this weekend. Don’t want to miss this chance to do this for free before they send it off to some junkyard an hour away on Tuesday. Much appreciated!