Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New and a question

Search this Thread

Old April 12th, 2017, 9:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New and a question

Hey guys! New to this forum and new to Chevy! Purchased a 2013 Suburban LT a few months ago and I'm pretty happy with my purchase.
BUT... lately (Since Monday), the truck just shuts off and then back on. It's happened on the freeway, in a parking lot, stopped at a light, etc... After a few days the only thing I've noticed is that the battery voltage starts to drop slowly to about 13.5 and then it cuts out.
i was hoping that maybe someone could point me in the right direction. I can do minor repairs so I'm hoping I can take care of it.

ed
Old April 12th, 2017, 10:12 PM
CF Beginner

Some more info...
so I just got back and the suburban had power loss 3 times. When I got back, parked it and turned it off, the truck had no power so I couldn't lock it nor turn the truck back on. Waited a minute or two and I can hear the power come back and it started right up. Battery level was over 14
Old April 13th, 2017, 5:57 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

I would check the battery cables for looseness or corrosion. Sounds like it could be a grounding issue. 13.5 volts is not really low and should not cause the truck to shut off.
Old April 13th, 2017, 2:01 PM
CF Beginner

So I disconnected the battery overnight and trickle charged it. Also the connectors look super clean but I made sure it was tight.
it ran fine this morning but I'm going to look for the ground connection and make sure it's a solid and clean connection. I'm also going to potentially replace the super fuse at the battery terminal.

I also replaced the battery right when I bought the car.
Old April 13th, 2017, 2:05 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Check all of your cables, the connections need to be clean and not over tight, also check the connections at the mega fuse on the firewall.
Old April 17th, 2017, 5:51 PM
CF Beginner

Since disconnecting the battery overnight and inspecting the connection, it's been running better lately. thanks for the suggestions everyone!
Old April 24th, 2017, 6:36 PM
CF Beginner

it happened again over the weekend
going to check all connections and the megafuses.