Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old January 1st, 2019, 8:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New transmission problems

Last year, December of 2017, my 2015 Tahoe transmission was completely replaced by the dealer under warranty. Today, the new transmission slipped, RPM's all over the place...couldn't make it up the hill. Almost identical to last year. Engine light came on, and I pulled it over and hauled to the dealer (Happy New Year to me). First time it went, I was just under 60,000 miles....today I'm at 76K.

Any thoughts? Warranty is good until 100K for a 2015...and any thing newer only warranties to 60K.

Discouraged, as I love the Tahoes in Minnesota
Old January 2nd, 2019, 7:57 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

The dealer probably repaired it and didn't replace it. They may have not replaced all the parts that they should have replaced. With a 100,000 mile warranty there is no choice, make them repair it again and hope they get it right this time. Of course you have to make the decision of keeping it or selling it.
Old January 2nd, 2019, 9:51 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Change to a car that doesn't have a transmission
Old January 2nd, 2019, 5:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tahoe tranny 2015

So, I spoke with the dealer today. Sounds like I blew a line...they said the clip was missing. Asked me if I had any body work. No. Could I have made it this long with a missing clip after the first replacement? I haven't had any body damage, so not sure how this could have happened.

They filled it up with fluid, but apparently one of the gears is not acting correctly and will have to be repaired. Happy to find the reason, so to speak, but now this leads to more questions! And no, there was no problems until the day I had to pull over. Never noticed any leaks in the driveway.
Old January 8th, 2019, 9:05 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From what I have read there is a proposed class action lawsuit regarding GM transmissions and supposed "fixes" that don't work. I don't know if your particular vehicle is on the list or not, but I would be looking into it. The lawsuit covers vehicles from 2015 through 2019, which clearly indicates that GM continues to sell these defective vehicles while having no means to fix the problems...hence another reason I throw money into my '01 Suburban.