Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2007 | 10:40 PM
CF Addict

Default RE: newbie

LOL, knew I was going to get asked this. I dont have 100% proof. However, on cardomain, yahoo, ebay, and I seem to remember someone on here have all said it was plug and play. HOwever, can I tell you for 100% sure, No. I have not completed this upgrade. I am waiting for some aftermarket tails to be introduced. So dont take my word, I WOULDNT. But I can tell you from everything I have been told the Denali lights are plug and play. I swear there is a thread here that confirms this and someone did it! Sorry, I cant give you more speicfics. But I can tell you the Escalasde lights have an extra wire, but as far as I know the Denali lights are plug and play. Let me search and see what I can find! Sorry, just stating what I have read and been told. But there is not enough info from sources I trust to tell you that I think it will work.
Old February 7th, 2007 | 1:01 AM
CF Active Member

this is the thread biglg was talking about 7th or 8th post down

https://chevroletforum.com/m_18815/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm
Old February 7th, 2007 | 1:33 AM
CF Veteran

ORIGINAL: 07tahoe

this is the thread biglg was talking about 7th or 8th post down

https://chevroletforum.com/m_18815/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm
Yep thats the one. Thanks for finding it.
Old February 7th, 2007 | 3:38 AM
CF Junior Member

ok. sounds like a solid source.
now... "should i?" is the big question. i think i need to see it done before i place my order. anyone got pics or a link for me ?
Old February 7th, 2007 | 4:02 AM
CF Veteran

ORIGINAL: jojokealoha

ok. sounds like a solid source.
now... "should i?" is the big question. i think i need to see it done before i place my order. anyone got pics or a link for me ?
jojo,
PM Colorado Chief as he is the only member here who I know of that said he has done this mod. Ask him to send you some pics.
Old February 7th, 2007 | 10:23 AM
CF Addict

Open the rear hatch on your Tahoe. There are two phillips screws for each tail lamp. Remove the screws and pull STRAIGHT out on the tail lamp. THey will pull out!

Next, unplug the wires going into your factory lights. Plug the connectors into your new lights and put the tail lamp back in.

If your denali lights dont come with the harness and bulbs you will need to switch over the bulbs and connectors, probably take about 5-10 minutes. It is very simple. I have done a similar mod on one of my trucks. This of course is all based on the information that they are plug and play, which we have been told it is.
Old February 7th, 2007 | 4:55 PM
CF Active Member

I am waiting for someone to nail the Escalade swap.....