Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

No fuel Pressure on 2012 Suburban 2500 4x4

Search this Thread

Old April 10th, 2018, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No fuel Pressure on 2012 Suburban 2500 4x4

I have been trying to figure out why I have no fuel. Fuel pump relay is ok, fuse is ok, when I try to crank the truck, I have power to the fuse. I have been seeing where people have had trouble with the fuel system control module, I have looked all over for this and can not track it down. I am at a loss.
Thanks in advance!
Old April 11th, 2018, 9:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Pretty sure the one's with a fuel pump control module do not have a relay in the fuse box. It has a different build i think
Old April 12th, 2018, 7:45 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
Pretty sure the one's with a fuel pump control module do not have a relay in the fuse box. It has a different build i think
I dropped the rear tank, it has the new style flat 4 pin connector. I checked for power between the green and black wire and did not get anything. I guess my question is now, are there any junctions/plugs underneath the vehicle that I can check, I have replaced the fuse block, thinking that the soldered on relay was the problem. I hate the thought of having to take this to the dealer. Thanks for the help.
Old April 12th, 2018, 8:40 PM
Super Moderator

the fuel pump will probably only power on for 2 seconds after key on if no rpm signal is detected...so make sure your power check was within 2 seconds of key on.
Old April 13th, 2018, 7:10 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
the fuel pump will probably only power on for 2 seconds after key on if no rpm signal is detected...so make sure your power check was within 2 seconds of key on.
Well it is now running, and I feel like an idiot, as a last ditch effort, I decided to hit the lock button twice and see if it would start by the key fob, and it DID. I guess it has some kind of disable that I don't know about, not sure what caused it or what I hit to make it lock out the fuel. I have been driving it all over the place today with no problems. Thanks for the support though.
Old June 3rd, 2018, 3:18 PM
CF Beginner

Well the truck has done it again!! Same situation, only light on is the check engine light. I messed with it,trying to get it to start, the service anti-theft FINALLY came on, I tried the reset procedure and the light went off. STILL will not start. I tried locking with key fob and starting remotely like last time, THIS did not work. I am lost. Any Ideas???

Old June 3rd, 2018, 3:56 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Can you get the dtc?
Old June 3rd, 2018, 7:07 PM
CF Beginner

It has a C0561 code. still will not start.. Thanks for any help!
Old June 4th, 2018, 8:21 AM
Super Moderator

chassis code should not cause a no start. theft codes are body codes. does your scan tool access body codes?
Old June 4th, 2018, 10:49 PM
CF Beginner

I used my Actron scan tool AND a Snap-On scan tool, both show that code. I am now thinking the ECM is the problem, its the only thing that controls the fuel pumps relay. I had the truck towed home on a roll back, once in the driveway, hit the key and voila, started like it should. I am going to get it up to temperature this weekend and then hit the ECM with a rubber mallet and see if it quits. Hopefully it does!