Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

No start

Search this Thread

Old April 17th, 2024, 2:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start

I have a 2017 Chevy suburban premier. 91000 miles on it.
maybe a coincidence but took it to get a car wash, then went to the grocery, when I came out the car wouldn’t start. AAA said battery was good (purchased from them a few months prior) they jumped it and it finally started up(car was in battery saver mode) about a month later the car wouldn’t start again( no car wash this time) I took it to the dealer and they said it was the alternator and they replaced. Today I go get my car washed, then run to the oil place for them to top off everything as I am going out of town in 1 days. Turn off the car and when I am told to restart it doesn’t. They jump the car and it works but throws a code. Take it to auto zone and go to turn off the car and it won’t shut off. Eventually it turns off and I get it home. My boyfriend looked at it and said some wires around the EMS case was open and he taped them up and got some sitting water off them. Car started up ran fine no issues. 30 mins later I leave to pick up my daughter from school and it won’t start. Also the check engine light is on (ignition switch). Does this sound like it could be it? Is it just a coincidence that it does this when I get a car wash? Any help will be appreciated!
edited: boyfriend came home and he went out and it started right up.

Last edited by Lacie2001; April 17th, 2024 at 2:49 PM.