Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Noise from retractable screen...

Search this Thread

Old November 8th, 2006, 2:11 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise from retractable screen...

This isn't a big deal but we have the retractable screen (or cover) in the cargo area and it makes a flapping noise when driving down the road. The noise occurs when it is retracted behind the second row seat. I could take the thing off and lay it down in the cargo area but then it would roll around. I was just wondering if anybody else had this same issue and what was your solution. We don't have a third row seat so the cargo area is wide open all the time. Any ideas, I just hate to take it off and on.
Old November 8th, 2006, 10:42 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Noise from retractable screen...

Throw it out! It's pretty worthless in my opinion. I've had about 7 Tahoes/Burbans now and I've removed it out of every one of them... except this one, it didn't come with one.
Old November 8th, 2006, 11:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Noise from retractable screen...

I've got the same problem. Until I realized where the noise was coming from, it sounded like liquid sloshing around. My solution is to pull the cargo cover open and lock it in place. That's what it's for anyway, to cover your cargo. I will say however, that I find it irritating that the cargo cover slopes downward as you pull it towards you rather than being more level. It makes it more difficult to put things under it and take things out. I bought mine from the dealer after I bought my Tahoe (I removed the third row seats from my LTZ) on the advice of my local fire department who, when helping me install my infant car seat, said it would be a safety feature in that it would help keep cargo from flying forward into my rear-facing newborn in the event I had to slam on the brakes or was in an accident.