Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Are numbered remotes programmed to control memory presets?

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2010 | 10:25 AM
Administrator

I think we have two different guys here.
Old March 29th, 2010 | 11:10 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by mudmaniac
Jim, your 1st post says that the remotes are numbered.
Not my post. My remotes both contain instructions for remote start only. They are not numbered 1 or 2. I have a 2007 Tahoe LT3 and I do have 1 and 2 on the drivers door but according to my owners manual you can only set up 1 remote via the DIC if I read it correctly. It doesn't seem right but I have looked at the back of the remotes with a 30 power magnifier and cannot find the numbers. My wife's Lincoln remotes are numbered and work as you say.
Jim

Last edited by JimJ; March 29th, 2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old March 29th, 2010 | 11:14 AM
CF Active Member

True ,2 different guys ,didn't mean to hijack thread but as it was on the same subject I thought it was informational. Sorry.
Old March 29th, 2010 | 1:37 PM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

My mistake, I'll let 73shark take it from here but if they aren't numbered the manual is probably correct.
Old March 29th, 2010 | 8:37 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by JimJ
Not my post. My remotes both contain instructions for remote start only. They are not numbered 1 or 2. I have a 2007 Tahoe LT3 and I do have 1 and 2 on the drivers door but according to my owners manual you can only set up 1 remote via the DIC if I read it correctly. It doesn't seem right but I have looked at the back of the remotes with a 30 power magnifier and cannot find the numbers. My wife's Lincoln remotes are numbered and work as you say.
Jim
The numbers on the 2007 were not very durable and wore off quickly. As I said before, if you have a number 1 and 2 button on the driver's door, then I believe you can set two different memory settings. You'll have to determine by trial and error which remote is which number.
Old March 30th, 2010 | 1:34 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by 73shark
The numbers on the 2007 were not very durable and wore off quickly. As I said before, if you have a number 1 and 2 button on the driver's door, then I believe you can set two different memory settings. You'll have to determine by trial and error which remote is which number.
Shark, I thought that might be the case and was the reason I looked at the backs under magnification. All that I can barely see is instructions for using the remote engine start function. Thanks anyhow. Jim
Old March 30th, 2010 | 5:06 PM
Administrator

Are you saying that you don't have the two numbered buttons on the driver's door?
Old March 31st, 2010 | 9:57 AM
CF Active Member

No. I have the numbered buttons on the drivers door right in front of the heated seat buttons. I never use the memory function anyhow. And my wife never drives the Tahoe either. Her Lincoln gets better gas miilage!
Old March 31st, 2010 | 12:19 PM
CF Addict

Default numbered

I have the remotes, there are no #s on the back, but by setting the 1 and 2 on the door you can figure out which remote is which, if you have the DIC set to adjust the seat / mirrors to position based on the remote.

I love this feature, and wish it would also remember the temperature, it's not that hard to do! it's all just programming at this point, all the electronics are already there!
Old March 31st, 2010 | 8:25 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by JimJ
No. I have the numbered buttons on the drivers door right in front of the heated seat buttons. I never use the memory function anyhow. And my wife never drives the Tahoe either. Her Lincoln gets better gas miilage!
As long as you're the only driver, you don't need the memory function. But it's sure nice when you have two drivers. Bottom line is now we know that you have the capability if you ever need it.

Quick Reply: Are numbered remotes programmed to control memory presets?