Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

OEM A/C O Rings

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM A/C O Rings

1995 Suburban w/ rear a/c
I am in need of a little help. I am trying to find the part # for the oem a/c o ring which goes between the evaporator and accumulator.

I replaced the evaporator and accumulator on this vehicle and was getting a small leak with the supplied green o ring. I replaced it with another and still leaked a little. I really tightened the fitting and I think it stopped but would feel better if I could get the acdelco brand o ring.

I used a Murray brand evaporator and accumulator.

The one online parts website which actually had a callout for the o rings did not actually list them in the parts list.

I did not replace the o ring on the other line coming out of the accumulator and it is sealing fine. So I would like to find a source for the oem o ring if it is still available.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Old September 19th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum,
The dealership is the only place I think you will find the original OEM seals, most likely you are going to find seal "kits" where you pick the one that is most like the one you are replacing out of the dozen or so they include in the kit.
Rockauto and Amazon will likely have these kits with seal sets that will have the most common ones for your vehicle... local auto stores may also have them.