Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Official 07-08 SUSPENTION lowering/raising recommendations

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2007, 11:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official 07-08 SUSPENTION lowering/raising recommendations

Alright guys.

i know you all have either lowered or raised your tahoes/yukons/Eskys/burbans/avys.. etc

what your recommendations/opinions on the kits you used.

-Name or kit

-How much

-Purchased where

-Overall install opinions

-Overall driving opinions

and a photo of your setup with what wheel and tire combo!

I think this would help out the new owners on here with that.. and ALOT of you guys have sexy rides..

POST UP!... thank you!
Old October 2nd, 2007, 6:48 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Official 07-08 SUSPENTION lowering/raising recommendations

wow, no combos?
Old October 4th, 2007, 12:45 AM
CF Junior Member

Hey Veno',
There are a few threads on the site about this. Do a search and you should turn upa few results. I installed the Rancho Quick lift on my '07 Hoe about a month and a half ago and I love it. It really eliminated the mushy cornering I hated about the new Tahoe (I had an '04 & '06 before this truck). Don't get me wrong... overall the new Tahoe has a much better ride than the old torsion set up butI felt like it laid over on the door handle when I made a turn! I messed with the adjustable setting on the rancho's and foud that the #5 click (out of 9) suitedmy taste.1st click felt like stock and 6 and above rattles your teeth. I'm going to install the rear Rancho's though because if I hit a dip at speed it porpoises a bit. I hope with the front and rear set at the same adjustment it willeliminate that down side. I'm getting the new tires & wheels tomorrow & will post picks once complete. I'm going with the 285/50R22 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 22" Black Rhino Kenya rims. I'm going with a slight off road tread because we go to the dunes, skiing & lake just enough to justify an off hwy tread. I should mention that the lift worked great. Lifted the front end 2"which isw/in 1/4" of the rear fender height. I put the lift on my self... Well, w/ a bit of assistance from my father & a shop which I took the struts to so the springs could be swapped from the stock to the Rancho's. The kit retails for about $400.00 & I gave the guy at the shop $20.00 for swapping out the springs. If I were to find someone to do the install for $150.00 or less I would go for it. It's a bit of a pain to install but if you have the tools & aptitude will take a few hours in the driveway.
Hope this gives some insight to a lift / level kit.

Keep posting,

Old October 7th, 2007, 11:42 PM
CF Junior Member

I just did the belltech 2"/3" lowering kit on my LTZ. The LTZ has autoride suspension, so the kit came with reduction rods for the actuators. Here are my thoughts:

a. Quality of parts = good

b. Instructions = what are you kidding me! Very poor. They provide several sheets of instructions that are generic and not specific for this kit. The pictures in the instructions are also poor - Xeroxed copies.

c. Installation = pretty easy to install. However, the instructions make it confusing. They recommend that you cut the shaft off the main lower arm ball joint for clearance on smaller wheels. I left mine full length since I am running 22". If you cut this shaft off, you loose the ability to use an Allen key to hold the shaft to loosen or tighten it in the future.

d. Autoride = Again, the instructions not clear and I believe wrong! They recommend swapping the actuator shafts from the back to the front. It is too short and not possible to install this way. It doesn’t make sense either, since all the suspension angles remain the same using spindles. I have emailed and tried to call belltech several times, have not gotten any resolution yet.

e. Ride quality = not really that good. I have 22" with 305/40/22 on it. The rear spring rate seems high! Driving on concrete freeways gives a porpusing effect. A bit more bouncy then I like. I am going to try 285/45/22 and see if some of this clears up.

f. Tire fitment = I tried to use 305/45/22, but I had bad tire rub. I put on 305/40/22 and cut some of the plastic liner in the fender wells. There is some slight rubbing, but only going over a speed bump or pulling in a driveway.

g. Overall Look = looks great! I think the back is a bit lower then it should be. I think if the springs were a bit longer with a lower rate AND the use of 285/45/22 tires, it could be a little nicer ride.

Summary:
I am going to install eibach springs in the rear with a 2.50 drop. This should give a better ride. I will post pictures tomorrow
Old October 9th, 2007, 12:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Here is a picture of the Tahoe with the lift w/ the new rim & tire package.
Sorry about the crummy pic. I'll get better one's posted this weekend.