Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Oil leak and coolant light coming on

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2022, 3:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil leak and coolant light coming on

2002 Tahoe 4×4. Small oil drip has turned into big mess over time. I always keep an eye on my oil level especially now that the drip has become excessive. Coolant light comes on sometimes and when I checked it it was pretty low. With all the oil I'm losing I thought it would be low two, but it's not. In fact it is over full. Could be from not checking it while parked on a level ground. My driveway is slanted a bit so I may have added to much thinking I was low. I'm not sure. I suspected a blown head gasket but I don't see any signs of coolant in the oil or oil in the coolant. I also don't see a coolant leak either. What sucks is there so much oil all over everything I can't tell where the oil is coming from. It seems to run ok except for a slite miss at idle. I don't smell coolant and it hasn't overheated yet. I'm also surprised I don't smell oil burning with the way it has covered the undercarriage. Nothing coming from tailpipe as far as I can tell. Where should I go from here?