Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Opinion on Vent Visiors

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2007, 2:37 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion on Vent Visiors

Hey everyone,

I have been posting the pictures of my truck in a lot of threads and would like your opinion on the GM color coded Vent Visors for my truck.

I have the color coded Hood Deflector already and want to match it up with the 50U Vent Visors, do you think the truck would look better/good with the color coded Vent Visors or worse/OK with them installed?

Please, if you have a picture of your truck with the Vent Visor on (color coded or smoke), post it for me. I would like an overall view and a close up if you have it.

Name:  suburban002.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  164.0 KB

Old September 3rd, 2007, 9:59 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Opinion on Vent Visiors

Ipersonally like the color coded visors better than the tinted ones. I have them on mytahoe andI like them a lot.I will try to post some pics later.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 10:06 AM
CF Senior Member

Yeah, I do too. I have seen a white tahoe with a smoke hood deflector and smoke Vent Visiors and think it looked like crap. Please post the pictures when you can.
Old September 7th, 2007, 7:37 AM
CF Beginner

I went to MacNeil Automotive in Downers Grove, IL, home of WeatherTech products. Had their in-channels on my '97 Tahoe before and wanted them for my '07. They recommended the "light" ones over the dark because I had a white vehicle and my front windows did not have the same tint as the rear - just the factory tints. He told me you want them to blend in and the dark ones would be too noticeable.

Sorry for the crappy pics - don't have a good digital. Hope this helps.

Name:  Visors1.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  35.7 KB
Old September 7th, 2007, 8:18 AM
CF Senior Member

Looks good, I think they/you made the right choice...

I need to get the white vent shades as I already went with the white hood guard.
Old September 7th, 2007, 8:44 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Opinion on Vent Visors

Summit,
I think in your case white would be much better to go with the bugshield. I like the "white look" that youhave going.I went with weathertech all around in dark smoke including the bugshield. I just had my front windows tinted 2 days ago to match my back windows all because Rich said he went with dark on his back doors and light smoke on his fronts so "they don't stand out"on an untinted window on another forum! Hi Rich by the way!

Anyway here are some smoke pics on Greystone before I did the tint job. For these weathertechs, there is only 3M on the rears inside the channel. The fronts are held in place w/o 3M. I have to wait a few days for my tint job to cure before I snap them back in.

Name:  8x6_020.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  35.7 KB

Name:  8x6_55.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  82.3 KB
Old September 7th, 2007, 10:11 AM
CF Senior Member

Looking good snomon, The only thing I don't like about the GM vent visiors are the fact that they stick onto the paint and don't lay in the channel.
Old September 7th, 2007, 10:32 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! You can always try to paint these in-channel ones. Getthe light smoke set, rough it up with sandpaper, sprayon some adhesion promoter, primer (white primer if you can find it), wet sand, GM matched white finish coats, thena few clear coats.

Sounds like a lot of work, but I just went thru this to color match my front bowtie to lose the gold one.
Old September 7th, 2007, 10:36 AM
CF Senior Member

I'll just stick with the GM one as I'M not sure how my work would come out if I tried to tackle that project myself???
Old September 7th, 2007, 12:10 PM
e
CF Senior Member

In my opinion if you go with in-channels I wouldn't paint them. The black window molding breaks up the white on white effect. its enough to draw attention to itself. However if paint is what you want than I would go with the exterior "stick-on." If your going to go smoked than I would do the in-channels.
Just My.02

Quick Reply: Opinion on Vent Visiors