Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Opinion on Vent Visiors

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2007, 12:47 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Opinion on Vent Visors

Great comment. I agree with "e".
Old September 7th, 2007, 1:10 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: e

In my opinion if you go with in-channels I wouldn't paint them. The black window molding breaks up the white on white effect. its enough to draw attention to itself. However if paint is what you want than I would go with the exterior "stick-on." If your going to go smoked than I would do the in-channels.
Just My.02
That's exactly what I thought too.

When I first posted in another thread about them I wanted to know if they werein channel or not. I also thought that if they were in channel they wouldn't look so good with the black separating the whites, but then I thought that the 3M stick on kind would hurt the paints finish on the door.

Hummmmmmmmmm, I think I'M just going to bite the bullet and get the OEM GM visiors...
Old September 7th, 2007, 6:03 PM
e
CF Senior Member

dont fear the 3m. fear the installer. Most rookie installers do more damage (scratching)to the paintprepping it than the 3m will. If your keeping the truck 5-10 years than maybe the tape will start to crustify on the edges. This would really depend on how well you keep up your vehicle and the enviromentas well. You can tell when the tape starts to loose its integrity and ifyou see signs of this pullem and re-tape them. Most applications that are done right are fine for many- many years.Good news is that 3m does make atape removal wheel that can eraseeven some of the oldest tapeI've seen. 3m tapeproperly installed should not cause paint damage.
Old September 7th, 2007, 11:11 PM
CF Senior Member

Thanks e, that's great news if I don't like the looks of the visiors I can remove them and not hurt the finish...