Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Opinions on buying an 07 Burban??

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2013, 10:06 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Opinions on buying an 07 Burban??

Hey fellas, I'm new to this forum. my wife and i are looking to buy an 07-08 burban ltz. we looked at a few and test drove 2. 1 deal went sour and we missed out. that one had 91k on it for around 18$ but had some body damage scraped back bumper a dent on the fender and a rust spot on the hood. but drove like a dream! the other we drove today was very clean with 105K on the clock but missing the headphones and had the captains 2nd row, we prefer the bench but no biggie oh and no floor mats but i noticed it that the stabalizer links on both sides were broken-dealer said they'll repair it and it didnt have the same power i guess the torque i'm referring to. when i stepped on it it would go but not as peppy as the 1st one we drove any ideas or advise? should we pull the trigger?
Old May 5th, 2013, 8:36 AM
CF Senior Member

66 views and no advise/comments??

just looking to get some feedback from this generation of hoe/burban owners, maybe some do's and don'ts likes or dislikes?
Old May 5th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

There are going to be sooo many opinions and most are going to be negative mostly because this a forum folks come to to find help resolving issues..

I have an 07 (Tahoe) that I bought new and have been very happy with it, no issues except for the peeling steering wheel...I have about 82k miles

Issues to watch for:
Peeling steering wheel rubber
Cracked dash at IP hump and air bag
peeling inside chrome door handles
outer door handles that pull completely out.
Door lock actuators that stop working
Window regulators that stop working
Oil consumption
Active Fuel Management lifter failures...

That is off the top of my head the main issues I have heard discussed...

Last edited by in2pro; May 5th, 2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old May 5th, 2013, 1:22 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first must have had the 6.0L, decent amount more HP and TQ.

I could make A LIST of problems that i've had with my burb ever since 96K. My opinion, and advice is stay away! Thats all about all im gonna say for now. If you want the list of problems that I've had I will gladly list them.

Good Luck.
Old May 5th, 2013, 4:04 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

I wouldn't touch the one w/ broken links as not sure how that could happen.
Old May 5th, 2013, 9:00 PM
CF Senior Member

thanks for the input. iI am having second and third and fourth thoughts about purchasing one although i have a love for them. there was a blemish in the center of the dash, the chrome was peeling on the passenger inside handle and the drivers window although it worked, made a sort of creaking sound when it closed as if it were coming back down. I just went over the car fax and saw it was involved in an accident:

07/28/2009 Connecticut
Damage Report Accident reported
Involving rear impact
07/28/2009 Damage Report Damage reported after
accident or other incident
Damage to rear
08/04/2009 41,284 O'Neill's Chevrolet & Buick
Avon, CT
860-677-1666
ONEILLSCHEVYBUICK.CO
M Maintenance inspection completed
Recommended maintenance performed
Front brake pads replaced and rotors resurfaced
Oil and filter changed
Airbag system checked
08/05/2009 Connecticut
Damage Report Parts requested for repair:
Front bumper
Rear bumper
Fog light
Headlight assembly
Grille
CARFAX recommends checking these repairs during your pre-purchase inspection.

so maybe that had to do with the links?

i had an expedition were the links were breaking also?? go figure

as far as afm i'm still researching but what's the deal with that and it's issues?
Old May 6th, 2013, 12:44 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would stay away from the 07's as they were the first year of production. I had issues with the battery not staying charged, gas coming back ot of the filler tube, the front bumbler tore after I hit a piece of ice. There are several other problems listed here. Go for an 08 or better, a lot of the kinks were worked out of the newer ones.
Old May 6th, 2013, 8:10 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A big factor for me is transmission. I hate the new 6 speeds. Couple of my friends have em and my 07 has the 4 speed. Much more responsive than the 6 speeds and overall just a much better shift pattern.
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There have been about 1 million subhoes/yukons/cadillacs/avalanches sold between 2007-12. Sure you will have some issues in that amount of vehicles. There is also a reason there have been that many sold.

If it doesn't feel right don't buy it.

Also don't trust a carfax, Well, don't trust a clean carfax. There are lots of really bad cars out there that have "clean Carfaxes" it only get on a carfax if it is reported. allways have a mechanic look at any used car unless you have the ability to check it out yourself.
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

I would also be cautious about used vehicles currently in the north east as they can be hurricane Sandy washouts... I know its been about 6 mo since Sandy, but its still something to keep in mind if you are buying anything used from that area from an individual or one of a kind sales lot...

Quick Reply: Opinions on buying an 07 Burban??