Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Opinions on used Tahoe

Old October 30th, 2017, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on used Tahoe

Looked at a 2005 Used Tahoe today with the only rust is on it is the rockers (surprise surprise). However the underneath is spotless, no rust. And it's only $5500. But the problem is that the truck has 190k miles. Should I even bother? Transmission shifted fine. Engine pulled great, lots of power. Oil looked good. 4wd worked. Body swayed a bit going down the road. Some popping when turning the wheel. IDK. Slightly hesitant with that many miles, but still seems like a good deal with it essentially being rust free. What are your all's advice?

Thanks in advance
Old October 30th, 2017, 11:57 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Does it have the 5.3? I say go for it. Although that does seem a little high for a 12 year-old truck with 190k miles. Buddy owns my '01 Burb, it's up to 240k, runs great, only problem is it's rusting away. Mechanically, it's in good shape, original engine and transmission.
Can't comment on the 4.8 motor, if that's what it has.
Old October 31st, 2017, 6:12 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Are there any maintenance records for it? If it was well taken care of, such as regular oil and filter changes, then it should be good.

Search this Thread