Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Owners Reviews of the 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old November 28th, 2006, 4:02 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owners Reviews of the 2007 Tahoe

O.K. guys and gals, GM did a lot of work making the new Tahoe and I think overall we're very happy with our SUV's. As owners there are a few things that need to be tweeked and maybe GM will view this thread and find out what we as owners would like to see fixed. If you could tell GM to change something, what would it be. Here's my list.

-First and most importantly, get those damn seats to fold flat. That's an absolute must have.
-The steering wheel radio controls should be able to scan through each page of favorites on the Nav radio, not just the one displayed
-The radio should also turn off for the passenger side door like it does for the drivers side
-The DVD roof unit screen needs to turn on with the ignition. I shouldn't have to hunt for the damn remote.
-The DVD needs to have a play button on the screen to start a movie.
-I would like the wheels to be brighter polished. I know some like it the way it is so have owners pick their choice. No extra charge.
-I would also like an additional option to fold the power mirrors in when putting the vehicle in park. I park in parking lots quite a bit and the one touch fold is nice but auto would be great.
-Increase the remote starter range and make longer warmup times available. 5 and 10 minutes is nice but when it's -4 it's gonna take longer than that.
-Add some trays or something to the inside of the flip up console. I have the wood grain console so I have almost no good way to store things.

I think GM did a great job on this truck, it just needs a little massaging. Regardless, I love this truck and everyone that sees it or rides in it really likes it too.
Old November 28th, 2006, 4:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Owners Reviews of the 2007 Tahoe

Its already been discussed...

https://chevroletforum.com/m_11650/tm.htm
Old November 28th, 2006, 4:51 PM
CF Senior Member

Sorry, please delete
Old December 1st, 2006, 12:04 PM
CF Beginner

I agree on all points and would add to that: (1) organize the center console better. I like the big new open space it provides but things just get thrown in there without any organization. A slot in the top of the inside lid should be present to hold folded maps, there is no way to hold coins for tollways and parking meters either. I find that annoying. With all the space in the console, it could have been organized better. (2) I would have liked a heated steering wheel. Sounds stupid and I'd have never known how nice it is except my wife's BMW X5 has it and i love it. With everything else the Tahoe has, that seems pretty easy to add. (3) remote eye sensor in the front somewhere so you dont have to reach into the back to get your remote to work the overhead DVD -- that is a pain (4) iPod interface that allows your iPod to be displayed onto the NAV screen in the front; I know you can get it connected and play the audio through AUX, but the graphic interface would be better to control your iPod while its hidden somewhere like in the glove box or the huge center console.

Just my random additions. I am very pleased otherwise than the above.