Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

P0455 on '05 Tahoe, at wits end!

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2011, 5:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0455 on '05 Tahoe, at wits end!

I have an 05 Tahoe and I have been haunted by a P0455 since I got it a few months ago. I'll run you through what I have done so far. I have hooked this up to a evap smoke machine so I know exactly where the leak is. It comes out the canister vent valve. Naturally, when I saw that, I installed a new one. The new one does the same thing. I tested both of them and they both actuate properly and seal completely.

I then hooked a Genisys scan tool to it and commanded the vent valve closed. Nothing. I went down to the plug for the valve, one wire is constant hot(the pink one i think) and the other(white) should be commanded a ground by the pcm to close, but it doesn't. I can manually close it with a power probe and the tank pressure sensor reads it builds up to about 5psi with the smoke machine on it, as it should, and no other leaks are seen.

So I know the fuel tank pressure sensor works. I know the vent valve works as its new. I know the purge valve works as it sealed to smoke it. I know the gas cap doesn't leak or I would have seen the smoke leak out of it. I know no other line/hose is cracked/broken or i would have seen it when I closed the vent valve.

I tried to trace the white wire back to the PCM but time constraints prevented. I did manage to find two white wires but was unable to see which one, if either, was the vent valve signal.

Providing I find the correct wire and there are no breaks in it. I am at a complete loss of what to do here. Any ideas?
Old May 14th, 2011, 6:42 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Certainly sounds like a wiring problem from what you've described. Or the PCM is going bad, less likely tho.
Old May 15th, 2011, 11:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I certainly hope it isn't a pcm issue. I'll let you know what i find, when/if i find it.