Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Paint on '07 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2008, 8:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint on '07 Tahoe

First off, I'm new to the forum andyou have tons of useful info! My question is about my new Tahoe. I just bought a new '07 Z71 Tahoe LT3 and have noticed that it has quite a bit of junk in the paint. It's not really noticable outside, just mainly when under the flourecents in the garage. I have had a new Chevy before that had quite a bit of rail dust which was removed by the dealer with clay, and afterwards, you could still see small "dimples" where the contamination had been removed. This, however, doesn't seem to be rail dust. This seems to just be "dirt" or something. I'm just curious how many other people have had things like this. It's just scattered in different areas, but mainly on the top surfaces. Do these robots do this bad of a job?
Old January 11th, 2008, 9:31 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts
Default RE: Paint on '07 Tahoe

Welcome to the Tahoe forum.

I have a black 2007 Tahoe that came from the factory (Janesville, WI) with a small amount of gold and red pearl in it. Made some minor damage hard to match until I convinced them what was going on. It doesn't sound like that's what you have. I first noticed it in bright sunlite and thought it was dust except it didn't come off. None of the soft body parts had it but I think those are painted by the suppliers.

The robots don't do a very good job (can see the primer faintly in bright lite) on some of the recess areas around door jambs and hatch. [] Had a black 2002 TrailBlazer that had areas like that on the curved edges around the roof. []
Old January 12th, 2008, 11:53 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the reply! Mine isn't that bad, just looks like junk was in the air when it was painted. I guess my expectations are extremely high with new cars! I have never had one that came "perfect" from the factory.
Old January 12th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Your welcome.

You might try clay barring a small section just to see if that helps any.
Old January 12th, 2008, 2:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Wash, use a clay bar on the entire vehicle, polish then wax. Will take some time to do the entire vehicle but you will be amazed at how GREAT the paint looks when you are finished. Use good products. I highly recommend Meguiers products.