Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Paint code identifier

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2017, 5:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint code identifier

I have scoured the internet but failed to find any information on my paint code indentifier. I located the sticker inside my glove box titled "Service Parts Identification" and looked through all the codes but was unable to find any that start with "U" or "WA" as described on many paint chip repair websites. The only number that coinsides with info I found elsewhere was the code "333" following "BC/CC" (which stands for base coat/clear coat to the best of my understanding). The dealership where I purchased the 2012 suburban called it "Mocha Steel Metallic" but I just can't find the code that matches that color name. I am just trying to fill in some minor paint chips on the hood/door trim, but i don't want to do it with the wrong color. Thanks for any help!
Old February 8th, 2017, 5:58 PM
CF Beginner

See any paint color codes?
Old February 11th, 2017, 3:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default Found my answers!

Originally Posted by McBride6

See any paint color codes?
Despite my hopes for easily finding my answers from others with shared frustrations here, I ended up google-ing GM RPO codes, and came up with a fairly exhaustive list in which I found the following:
1. Code GHA matched the exterior color Mocha Steel Metallic
2. Code 333 matched the interior color Light/Dark Cashmere
While many other RPO sticker examples have color codes printed at the end of the list and noted by starting with either a "U" or a "WA", mine had the exteterior color code amidst the alphabetical list without the noted specifiers. Alas, I now have a code to help order the correct color for my specific year. I hope this helps others in the same predicament.
Old April 13th, 2018, 11:17 PM
CF Beginner

Is your vehicle a brownish color? My code also has GHA so I’m just making sure the mocha Steel Metallic is the right color for mine.

Thanks!
Old June 2nd, 2018, 8:52 PM
CF Beginner

Check the drivers door or inside pillar tag for paint code