Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Painted calipers

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2008 | 10:32 PM
CF Monarch

Default RE: Painted calipers

I'm pretty sure he did use a high heat paint, shark. [/align][/align]Some things I forgot to mention above:[/align]You'll need to be careful doing your brake jobs and such. I used the duplicolor kit on my calipers and I have noticed aminimal, but noticable chipping around the edges. Granted my calipers were removed 3 times since I painted 'em.[/align][/align]There are more colors you can get.... G2 makes Pink(yuck!), Red, Yellow, Blue, Silver Metallic, Black, Purple(yuck!), Green, White, and Butternut kits. Those kits are like $37.[/align]
Old October 23rd, 2008 | 5:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Painted calipers

I really wanted to do the whole thing but I used the Spray can of caliper paint and I didn't want to get paint everywhere. I should of brushed it on like you did. Maybe next spring when the wheels go back on I'll re-do them. you're look nice. Maybe I should have gone with yellow. Ah, the red matches the Z-71 emblems so I'll probably stick with that. On my last truck, I did the whole things and even the outside portion of the disks. Turned out nice. I think I have a pic? Nope. They are on the laptop that crashed. If i ever get them off of there, I'll post one.