Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Park Assist Off No Stereo No OnStar No Turn Signal Sound

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2016, 12:40 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Suburban 2013
Thanks Typerod
You're very welcome! Please keep up updated!
Old October 30th, 2020, 7:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by September
These evening I got back in the Suburban after leaving the grocery store. I got the PARK ASSIST OFF message on the DIC. I cleared the message and then tried to turn Park Assist back on. It would NOT turn back on. The light would flash (on the button). I tried turning the 'Burb off and restart. . .that didn't work. I got out and made sure that sensors were clean (I had just washed it yesterday). They were clear and clean. I decided to go ahead and drive home. Now I realize I have NO TURN SIGNAL SOUND. The stereo will not turn on and even OnStar wouldn't work. I got home and did a little google search and didn't find anything really relative or a solution. I called the dealership and they told me to come in on Monday morning and they would look at it. That's not really the way I roll. . . LOL. . So I thought about it a while and decided that a little system reset couldn't hurt. I went out and disconnected the battery for 10 minutes, reconnected it and voila' all is back to normal. If I have this issue again I will post here again.
If you have had this issue also please let us know what your solution was.

This was the solution for my 2011 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ as well. Thank you!
Old February 17th, 2022, 2:00 AM
CF Beginner

Default Old thread

Sorry to revive an old Thread, but my 2008 Chevy Suburban just started having the exact same issues. Radio not powering on, Park assist not able to turn on, and no sounds when the blinkers are activated.

Just was wondering if anyone found a solution.
Old March 24th, 2022, 6:22 AM
CF Beginner

Default No radio and alarm sounds

Originally Posted by Ted_Talks
Sorry to revive an old Thread, but my 2008 Chevy Suburban just started having the exact same issues. Radio not powering on, Park assist not able to turn on, and no sounds when the blinkers are activated.

Just was wondering if anyone found a solution.
I've been trying to figure this problem out for 10 years. The dealership wanted to replace my amplifier but a friend who works at another dealership told me there was a bulletin issued on the problem that says DON'T change out the Amp. It's a problem with the trucks' onboard computer and it needs a software fix. When I mentioned this to the dealership service manager he denied there being a bulletin. I can do without the warning sounds but I'd like to get the radio working now that I have a teenager starting to drive it. I plan on replacing the radio and bypassing the computer and hooking it up "old style" to an accessory power supply.
Old March 24th, 2022, 8:46 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 152 Posts

All service bulletins have a reference number. Get its number from your friend so you have and exact reference.
Old October 26th, 2022, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by JerryHam
I've been trying to figure this problem out for 10 years. The dealership wanted to replace my amplifier but a friend who works at another dealership told me there was a bulletin issued on the problem that says DON'T change out the Amp. It's a problem with the trucks' onboard computer and it needs a software fix. When I mentioned this to the dealership service manager he denied there being a bulletin. I can do without the warning sounds but I'd like to get the radio working now that I have a teenager starting to drive it. I plan on replacing the radio and bypassing the computer and hooking it up "old style" to an accessory power supply.
Just came across this thread as my Avalanche had the same issue over the weekend. I went for gas and it was off for a few minutes and everything seemed to reset afterwards. I have an aftermarket Kenwood and it has been working fine for over 7 years. For those that are having an issue, would any of you still have the factory deck in or aftermarket? I'm thinking if all the issues are with aftermarket, then something is failing in the PAC harness. If stock trucks are having the issue, the I think I will start tracing to a failing relay.
Old December 1st, 2022, 8:10 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by September
These evening I got back in the Suburban after leaving the grocery store. I got the PARK ASSIST OFF message on the DIC. I cleared the message and then tried to turn Park Assist back on. It would NOT turn back on. The light would flash (on the button). I tried turning the 'Burb off and restart. . .that didn't work. I got out and made sure that sensors were clean (I had just washed it yesterday). They were clear and clean. I decided to go ahead and drive home. Now I realize I have NO TURN SIGNAL SOUND. The stereo will not turn on and even OnStar wouldn't work. I got home and did a little google search and didn't find anything really relative or a solution. I called the dealership and they told me to come in on Monday morning and they would look at it. That's not really the way I roll. . . LOL. . So I thought about it a while and decided that a little system reset couldn't hurt. I went out and disconnected the battery for 10 minutes, reconnected it and voila' all is back to normal. If I have this issue again I will post here again.
If you have had this issue also please let us know what your solution was.
Got up this morning Having the same problem going to try your solution hope it works
Old December 1st, 2022, 9:52 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Dittaugh
Got up this morning Having the same problem going to try your solution hope it works
Do you have the stock stereo or aftermarket with a PAC harness?
Old January 3rd, 2023, 10:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default What’s the solution

Did anyone found the solution to it? I’m having same thing can’t even run the truck without wanting to die the radio is stock disconnected the battery changed the alternator I’m out of ideas please help
Old February 26th, 2023, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Josem90
Did anyone found the solution to it? I’m having same thing can’t even run the truck without wanting to die the radio is stock disconnected the battery changed the alternator I’m out of ideas please help
I have the same issue and am going to order a body control module to see if that fixes it. Has anyone tried replacing the BCM for this issue? Does it fix it?

Quick Reply: Park Assist Off No Stereo No OnStar No Turn Signal Sound