Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Pass. side floor wet

Search this Thread

Old April 3rd, 2013, 7:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pass. side floor wet

I have a 95 Tahoe 2 dr and went it rains the passenger side front floor gets wet, the floor mat has water standing in it. I have not found any leaks around the door area so I think its coming front under the dash but I don't know were to look? is there a drain from the air vents that could be causing this? or what?
Old April 3rd, 2013, 8:37 AM
CF Active Member

To try and find the leak, it may help to have a friend spray a garden hose over the hood, front window and door areas of the truck. While they are doing this, get in the truck and look for where the leak is coming in. Water always travels to the lowest spot, so it could be coming a distance to the floor.

There are a number of seals where the water could be coming in and it may take some time to locate the source of the leak.

Hopefully you can find it.

Good luck with the repair.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Could be heater core leaking, do you smell anti-freeze ?
Could be excess water coming from the cowling, check the drains below the wiper blade area...the water that runs off of the windshield has to go somewhere...
Old April 3rd, 2013, 9:56 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've found leaks before coming from the windshield, even on factory installs. Has the windshield been replaced before?
Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:53 PM
CF Junior Member

I have had the same. 1 time it was the heatercore second time it was a small non visible hole below the windshield gasket. I used a hose and just let it run and you could easily see once it appeared running down behind the dash. A bit of gasket maker fixed it right up
Old April 4th, 2013, 2:39 PM
CF Junior Member

I had the same thing happen to my 1985 Pontiac Grand MA (thats what we called it) when it rained the passenger floorboard would have standing water in it. I looked for months trying to find the leak, it ended up leaking from the passenger side tail light. I thought I was parked level but there was a slight slope and the water would run behind the tail light through the trunk under the back seat then to the front floor board.
Old April 26th, 2013, 3:41 AM
CF Junior Member

make sure to check the liner on the inside of your door also. if the plastic or foam is loose water will seep into the wells