Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Passenger Power Mirror Issue

Search this Thread

Old August 16th, 2011, 7:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Power Mirror Issue

Hey all,
I'm hoping toi get some help troubleshooting an issue I'm having on my 2004 Suburban LT. The passenger power/folding mirror has stopped responding to the adjustment switch. I would suspect a bad motor except for the following:

If I manually press on the glass so it is pointing up, and then initiate the power fold, the glass on the bad mirror will still move down before the mirror folds in. But when I hit the button to power fold them back out it stays pointing down.

I also tested it by enabling the park assist feature, and again manually pointing the mirror up. When I go into reverse the mirror pivots down as it should for park assist, but when I shift out of reverse it never tilts back up.

I'm trying to narrow down where my issue lies. Maybe the master control switch on the drivers door?

Can I try swapping the mirror (plugging it in on the driver side to verify the motor is in fact good)?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rich
Old August 17th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Not exactly sure how these mirrors work but sounds like maybe one of the wires is open that controls the upward tilt. Just a guess tho.
Old August 17th, 2011, 5:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That doesn't quite fit though, because I have NO control via the normal switch, no up, down, or sideways in either direction. The only time the mirror moves right now is down automatically when folding or in park assist mode.
Old August 17th, 2011, 1:01 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Almost sounds like a computer problem then but then don't know if the GMT800s used a computer for those functions.

Your idea about swapping should work if the connectors match up. At least that will tell you where to go next.