Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Pb starting tahoe2002

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2020, 4:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok
you have already gone there? superb region, i worked there a year
Old April 27th, 2020, 5:13 AM
CF Beginner

I found this link, it seems to me not bad.
I will try this afternoon to see if there is gasoline in the railings and pressure and to also test the fuel pump and the relay

Old April 27th, 2020, 8:46 AM
CF Beginner

I have just carried out the test after having recharged the battery.
After removing the charger, switching on the ignition, I heard the fuel pump start up, which was not happening before.
The engine then started, the vehicle turned for a minute, then it started to malfunction as if it ran out of petrol and it stalled.
I turned on the ignition and there I no longer heard the fuel pump. I looked at the fuel pressure in the injection rails, it was zero.
I then proceed to the test which consists in connecting the number 87 30 by removing the fuel pump relay which a priori allows forced operation of the fuel pump.
Unfortunately it does not start. This is where i am
The lock does not seem to be in question since the car has started and there is no security light on.
Old April 27th, 2020, 1:41 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Fx1971
I have just carried out the test after having recharged the battery.
After removing the charger, switching on the ignition, I heard the fuel pump start up, which was not happening before.
The engine then started, the vehicle turned for a minute, then it started to malfunction as if it ran out of petrol and it stalled.
I turned on the ignition and there I no longer heard the fuel pump. I looked at the fuel pressure in the injection rails, it was zero.
I then proceed to the test which consists in connecting the number 87 30 by removing the fuel pump relay which a priori allows forced operation of the fuel pump.
Unfortunately it does not start. This is where i am
The lock does not seem to be in question since the car has started and there is no security light on.
When you forced the fuel pump on, with the jumper, the pump did not come on? If that is the case I'd suggest tracing the positive side wire to the fuel pump relay, if it started before, and no fuel pump after, I'd look at something loose corrosion on electrical connector. In general how was the condition of the relay socket, dirty, any corrosion?
Old April 27th, 2020, 1:54 PM
CF Monarch

You can also swap relays. Main thing is with key on, do you have power to the relay pin? If not, that is where you have to focus. You know the pump works when it gets power. If you don't have battery voltage at the relay pin, isolate it point to point. I'd not rule out security system till you determine you don't have a bad/dirty electrical connection. Focus on that, if you don't find anything, THEN focus on the anti-theft. Don't get all over the place in troubleshooting this.
Old April 27th, 2020, 4:48 PM
CF Beginner

there is no corrosion on the connections at the level of the relay everything seems clean and without trace of humidity
when I turn on the ignition, the fuel pump relay starts up since three seconds after turning on the ignition I hear a click at the relay: this must correspond I think the stop of the given order and the pump to operate to put the system under pressure while waiting for the engine to start
I am looking for a way for a forced operation of the pump in order to make sure that it works so as not to have to dismantle it unnecessarily taking into account the work that this represents. not sure that connecting the 30 and the 87 at the pump relay is the best way: does anyone have an info on this?
it should also be noted that the vehicle has been running for four months on ethanol I traveled 10,000 km with 100% ethanol and I wonder if this fuel is not the cause of a problem on the pump like a seizure
This pump was changed by my mechanic a month ago but a priori he did not put a specific pump for ethanol treated against seizure
Old April 28th, 2020, 11:27 AM
CF Beginner

today I dismantled the fuel pump, I opted for an easy solution to access it…
I don't have a bridge at home and I don't want to spend a day taking the pump apart.
I took it out and plugged the pump motor live on a 12 V battery without result, I deduce that the pump is dead.
I will recommend a new one hoping that it will all be resolved quickly

Old April 28th, 2020, 1:32 PM
CF Monarch

Originally Posted by Fx1971
today I dismantled the fuel pump, I opted for an easy solution to access it…
I don't have a bridge at home and I don't want to spend a day taking the pump apart.
I took it out and plugged the pump motor live on a 12 V battery without result, I deduce that the pump is dead.
I will recommend a new one hoping that it will all be resolved quickly
I cannot stress enough about how important the quality of the pump must be, as you have found out since this one is only a month old. Glad you found it.
Old April 28th, 2020, 2:32 PM
CF Beginner

In any case, you would not have the address of a site where I could buy a quality pump it is difficult to find in France