Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Pics of my 2007

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2006, 1:16 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my 2007

Just got her this past weekend- promptly installed some 20" American Racing Prisms and 305/50/20 terra grapplers. Loving the ride! It's nice to be back in a Chevy.

Old April 4th, 2006, 3:25 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Pics of my 2007

Thats a nice red. Really nice. Nice rims, too... call me crazy, but they go really well with the red, tasteful... even more than if they were on a black Tahoe.
The red also does good in "covering up" the lower portion of the rear lights... the bottom of the lights just seem pointless but I almost didnt see the bottom with your color Tahoe. (maybe just the angle)

anyways... looks great. Doesn't get dirty/ scratch as bad as black, yet the tone of red is dark enough as to bring out the chrome around the grille and other features not accented with lighter colors.

Alan

Old April 4th, 2006, 5:36 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks- I had wanted black originally, but turns out the dealer didn't have any LT-1's in black. After thinking about it and hearing all my friends tell me how hard it is to keep black clean, I'm glad we went with the sport red.

Old April 4th, 2006, 10:03 PM
CF Beginner

I got my black impossible-to-keep-clean experience from owning a Marauder just like this: http://images.securedwebform.com/sto...r/2004/4sa.jpg

lol is it just me or are we like the only 2 people on this forum!
Old April 4th, 2006, 11:52 PM
CF Junior Member

Sure does seem so, doesn't it?

How did you like the Marauder? I've seen a few around and heard they were fast. I've always kinda wanted something like that or the last style Impala SS. Something big and fast. Of course, the BMW M5 would be my ultimate (especially the new ones) but who's got that kind of money?

I'm loving the vehicles these days- the technology is really starting to take hold. Chevy has made HUGE improvements in the interior of these new models. This new Tahoe is worlds better than my 2000 model was, and at the time I loved that thing.
Old April 5th, 2006, 1:49 AM
CF Beginner

Yeah, a BMW M5 would be nice, also a vacation home in Hawaii, maybe one in Lake Tahoe, a 3 story house with a water slide from the 3rd story to the pool on the first story or just to the second story so you fly down into the pool...(owie!) lol. you get my point.

The Marauder is fast, but even faster after you get to say 40mph, then it really gets going- which is not extremely useful unless you have like a 90mph speed limit lol.

The old style Impala- like 90's right?

like:
http://rick.stavanja.com/images/cont...96impalass.jpg

Those are awesome. The new ones are just... normal... not much more appealing than a japanese car in its same category. (gasp) I see the 90's Impalas all of the time (sorry if you are Mexican) with huge-*** rims... a very popular car for Mexicans in my area. (I live in Northern CA)

I was also looking at used Miatas (my dad has one and its pretty fun to drive). Unlike the Marauder, which you can get to 100MPH and feel like youre going a perfectly safe speed, (trust me- I wanted to feel what 100MPH felt like and it wasnt that amazing), you feel like youre going faster than you actually are in the Miata, from my experience. If I got one I would definitely custom it to look like this one:

http://www.craigslist.org/eby/car/147579850.html

Alan

Old April 5th, 2006, 11:24 AM
CF Junior Member

Yeah, the BMW is definitely too pricey. When I win the powerball I'm going to get one. LOL

I had a friend with a Miata and that thing was a blast to drive. It was like a '96 model if I remember correctly. Here lately I've been checking out the Subaru WRX sti's. Those things put out over 300hp in a small light car! Talk about fast and fun....

You got it right on the Impala's. There's just something about those late 90's-early 00's that I like. I'm in southeast Texas (we too have a large hispanic population) but honestly those Impala's are hard to find here. I don't know what it is...

So do you frequent any other Tahoe forums? I found Chevy Truck World, but other than that one and the z71 forums I haven't found much. That's surprising to me considering all the Tahoes on the road.
Old April 6th, 2006, 2:18 AM
CF Beginner

I posted one thing on GMTrucks.com:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/inde...howtopic=51186

I've never driven the WRX... it looks cool, especially hella customized.

I think the reason that not many people are on the forum is that... umm... actually idk. I thought at first that it was because the average age of a person that can afford a Tahoe is old enough that most Tahoe owners aren't that savvy with computers, but then again people with older tahoes could always come on here anyways... maybe because people treat their Tahoes as vehicles to get here to there, pick up the kids, etc, but I've seen a lot of jacked up/ custom grill / custom lights/ etc. Tahoes... so im stumped.

Anyways...
Old April 17th, 2006, 3:56 PM
CF Beginner

Nice looking ride man.

I'm in love with the new tahoes, I currently drive a 2004 Silverado and love it too, but have a couple problems (cab space mostly) and looking to get a new tahoe in the next couple months.

I plan to get a the LT3 if anything, black on black. Probably do a 6 inch lift on it put some nice 33 inch tires with some nice rims like yours.

Also on the BMW's, my bro got a used bimmer a little bit ago. 2003 I think, low mileage for like 25k. 330i, very nice looking car, he had a new set of tires/rims put on and changed out the wood trim with carbon fiber.

The one itch I got about the Tahoes is the wood trim thru out the cab, I hate wood trim. I figure after a couple months somebody will start making some aftermarket products to replace the wood trim (I hope).

Anyways sweet ride man, digging the drk red.
Old April 18th, 2006, 2:05 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Edmunds has a forum for Tahoes including 2007. Ordered mine over 8 weeks ago. Held up due to shortage of nav/radios and rear cameras. Anyone have any updates on this?

Quick Reply: Pics of my 2007