Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Please help! Desperate!

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2013, 11:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Please help! Desperate!

Good morning,

This is my first post so Hello to everyone for starters.

So my husband and his douche bag friend changed out the Knock Sensor the other day. We thought successfully. Well, after a little while they realized it was leaking fuel :/

After changing some O rings and some common issues my husband realized his friend bent a very innconvienent piece of metal. I am not sure what it is called which is making this even more difficult. My husband spent hours trying to bend it back just right. I have a diagram that shows the illusive piece. He tried going to our Chevrolet dealer who were unhelpful said the piece is no longer manufactured or some BS like that. I need either that little peice or a kit that includes this piece. Help would be greatly appreciated since he starts a new job in just two weeks and we need our truck

The diagram I've included has numbers labeling the parts. We only need part number 5. I've been told it is possible a Keyward Lock or something like that (I am not very good at the lingo forgive me ) I've scoured the internet and tried to locate this piece or kit and have come up with nothing except one site which is where I found the diagram but they are confusing and their customer service is unhelpful so I will include that link also and maybe one of you can tell me whether anything on there is what I need.

Oh and before I forget the truck is a 2002 Suburban 1500 5.3

I appreciate any help you can offer. And please take it easy it's been a rough week :/ I know my husband screwed up and he does too so let's leave it at that.

Assembly Details | Tonkin Online Parts

Again the part we need is part labeled 5 it is just a small metal peice.

Name:  aaaaaaa.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  62.0 KB
Old March 9th, 2013, 12:39 PM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

That is the retainer that holds the fuel line on to the fuel rail. You should be able to bend it so that it can apply pressure to the fuel lines. You can also try a junk yard. That part from any 5.3 engine of the same year should fit. Maybe even from some other years.
Old March 9th, 2013, 12:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hank you OldChevy for the quick reply. We have checked the junk yards. He has tried bending it back. I am so stuck right now. The trucks and like that he found at the junk yards had the complete engines removed so no luck there.
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Did the source of your illustration have the P/N by any chance? If so, try gmpartsdirect.com. Also if you can get the actual name of the part, you can search their website and also try Google.
Old March 12th, 2013, 8:21 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

That part looks very similar to a part that held the fuel lines into the injector housing on my 97 Tahoe... it should only be needed to keep the fuel lines in place and down, the o-rings on the lines provide the actual seal, if its leaking check those o-rings again and make sure there is no old o-ring debris still in the port...and that the correct o-rings are being used and are not torn...