Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

poor engine performance

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2008, 5:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default poor engine performance

I recently searched this forum for needed info. In searching 4yrs of posts I found that one problem I had was never answered. So here I go. My 95 suburban /w auto and a 5.7 had a nagging problem. The engine would bog out when I would take off from a dead stop, at the worst the engine would stall and needed to be floored in order to restart.Lots of cat killing 02 sensor ruining smoke.Made friends w/ the tow truck guy the last time it stalled and would not restart and run. There was no codes,had good fuel pressure the map,tps and egr all were ok. With no benefit of as scanner I only had a Haynes manual and a meter.To make it short, the temp switchon the intake was corroded and the plug wasfull w/ rust. As soon as I cleaned the two the engine ran like a champ. The sensor was telling the computer the coolant was cold and made the air/fuel mix too rich for a hot engine in warm weather.I replaced the two the next day and I had my wheels back. I hope that this long story might help somebody w/ the same problem