Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

POS Tahoe back at dealer again # 208,972.

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2012, 7:58 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default POS Tahoe back at dealer again # 208,972.

Had the wife / friends up at Raystown Lake for the weekend... going well until, once again, for the 800 billionth time my Tahoe infuriates me.

Driver side rear door power lock won't unlock / lock the door.

Already back at the dealer.

same issue the passenger side front had approx 1 year ago.

I HATE GM. this thing is the largest source of stress in my life and for my health I think it has to go...
Old May 21st, 2012, 1:58 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> SabrToothSqrl,

I'm sorry to hear you are having another issue with your vehicle. Please keep us updated of the results of your dealer visit.

Please feel free to PM me if you need additional assistance.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old May 22nd, 2012, 7:53 AM
CF Addict

Default fixed

dealer fixed the issue. but that's not real issue.

My issue is the documented 20+ times I've had to have this piece of junk fixed.

If it was actually built to quality standards I'd never have had any issues what so ever.

I'll never buy another GM, and am considering putting a large banner on the back of mine "GM SUCKS, ASK ME WHY" since my friend owns a sign shop and can cut me anything I need.

GMSUCKS.com is also available, perhaps I can gather others who have had similar experiences and get their stories public.

My 09 Tahoe, bought new, was the worst decision of my life, and I want to make sure no one else has to go through what I've gone through. I'm a patient person, I have years to make GMs life miserable. I may be one person, but I'm on a mission to ensure I influence as many people as possible to buy something else. anything else! don't care. just RUN from GM. They have no future, should have failed, and produce the worst built cars I've ever had the painful experience of owning.

How about I PM you my VIN, and you tell me the number of trips to the dealer? How many checks GM has cut me for their incompetence? How many more failures can I look forward to. Will my truck make it a whole month without something else breaking? Taking all bets!

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; May 22nd, 2012 at 7:55 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post POS Tahoe back at dealer again # 208,972.

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
Had the wife / friends up at Raystown Lake for the weekend... going well until, once again, for the 800 billionth time my Tahoe infuriates me.

Driver side rear door power lock won't unlock / lock the door.

Already back at the dealer.

same issue the passenger side front had approx 1 year ago.

I HATE GM. this thing is the largest source of stress in my life and for my health I think it has to go...
Sounds like the power door lock actuator in your driver side rear door is broken. Before that have you checked your door lock buttons? Is it working properly?
Old May 25th, 2012, 5:15 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to replace all four actuators and the dealer was no help. GM offered no help either. And mine is an 08 Sub. Apparently you have to spend north of 60k to get reliability.
This could have been a simple fix, and if GM actually stood up and backed their products, they would have better following.
Old May 25th, 2012, 8:05 AM
CF Addict

Default cost

2/4 have failed.

You can bet damn well that if any of the other's do, I'd drive it through their wall before I'd let them not fix it free.

I spent $55,000 on this hunk of junk. Never again.

I'll get my "GM SUCKS ASK ME WHY" sticker made next week and get a photo of it on my truck.

I'll stop driving it when GM cuts me a check for $55,000 and takes the damn thing back.

When it went back to the dealer the 10th time I should have forced them to take it back. parked it on their lot, got a lawyer, and said i want ALL my money back for this piece of crap.

I wanted to like this truck, I really did. but it was farmed out to the cheapest bidder, assembled by monkeys, held together with gum, and unable to compete with modern cars. Heck a 10 year old Honda would have been less stressful for me!

For only $20k more I could have had an Audi or BMW or something that feels quality and IS quality.

GM just can't make quality. cheap disposable Cavalier's and whatevers... fine, but nothing worth a damn. Every time I watch Ultimate Factories... all they can brag about is cars per hour this, cars per hour that... we build 100,000 fenders every 10 minutes... well shame that they all are ****.... Audi factory: NEVER ONCE do they mention volume. It's ALWAYS quality, perfection, exact specifications. if it's not perfect, it goes back! before it gets to the customer. GM has panel gaps large enough to drive a civic through. GM's dash material is sourced strait from john deere's plastic trailer division. GM thinks technology in the car means a head unit that can play mp3s in 2012, when my phone did that back in 2001!

GM thinks the volt is the future. wow. a plug in hybrid? really? you mean that thing Toyota had... 5 years ago? this is the hype? all that? you mean that low slung sports car on 22s? No. you deliver a boring *** honda accord plug in hybrid to us, for $50k+ and wonder why they don't sell... I'd wager more have burst into flames than have actually been sold.

In any event, I will spend the next many, many years of GM ownership bashing, destroying, and informing the general public of just how much I loathe my car. I meet TONS of people with the company I work for, and everyone sees my Tahoe and asks how I like it. And... I give them. The Truth.
Old May 25th, 2012, 9:14 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Knock on faux burled wood, my 07 now has 72k miles on it and the only problem so far has been the peeling steering wheel....April was the 5 year mark for manufacture....October is the purchase date for me...so unless in the 6 mo it sat on the lot they fixed items, I have been very fortunate...
Old May 25th, 2012, 9:21 AM
CF Addict

Default quality

I'm told my truck is the exception, not the rule, but that doesn't do me a damn bit of good.
Old May 25th, 2012, 9:10 PM
Administrator

Received 164 Likes on 162 Posts

Since most folks that are satisfied w/ their purchase, be it a $50K vehicle or a $2K HDTV, don't go on these forums and say what a great item it is. What you get is those that have problems. I submit you could probably go to any other mfg forum and find folks that hate their purchase.

BTW I read the other day that stress is a factor in shortening life span so if a purchase is affecting you this much, you should do yourself a favor and dump it.
Old May 29th, 2012, 8:10 AM
CF Addict

Default can't

I'd dump it, but I don't happen to have the $20k it would take to trade this in on a Q7.

I made a bad choice and I'm going to stick it out until it dies or gets wrecked.