Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

possible voltage problem?

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2016, 5:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any suggestions on what line might be leaking vacuum? i havent cleared the codes yet to see if they come back, but lean on bank 1 and bank 2 are there. i also now have the p0420 cat code but im not worried about that and dont think its related. cat(s) will eventually be cut out and ill probably make this dual exhaust at some point. the engine stutter while in gear and at a stop still happens, its more annoying than anything else(hasnt stalled yet, rpms barely move), but ive noticed if i try to take off from the stop while its doing this the engine kinda stutters a bit and almost bogs down for a second. i have a new fuel filter to put in as well but i dont think that would cause it because it doesnt do this weird thing while moving, its only while in gear and stopped, and i can feel the truck shake a tiny bit.
Old February 25th, 2016, 9:14 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'd check fuel pressure and volume to be safe, intake gaskets are a very common issue for vacuum leaks. Does your scanner show live data? If you can access the fuel trims it will help narrow down if its a vacuum leak or not and help isolate if it is
Old February 27th, 2016, 10:52 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i believe i can access live data. im using OBD fusion on my iphone. i have cleared the codes on i think thursday to start fresh, nothing has come back yet. i did notice it runs better, and seems to do the weird stutter while stopped in gear thing less. i bought some maf cleaner and throttle body cleaner and a can of seafoam today. i did notice the throttle body looked pretty dirty when i put my new cai on so ill definitely be cleaning that. still havent swapped the serpentine belt or put the new fuel filter on yet either, works been getting in the way of every nice day were had here in boston.