Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Post wreck parts ID

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post wreck parts ID

My pristine 2001 4WD sub I've owned since new, was in it's first wreck. To avoid it being totaled, we found a supposedly reputable shop, and even State Farm cooperated in the estimate, just squeaking under the total out column and a salvage title. Well, the shop did a good job on the front end damage, he took to long though. I have discovered 3 things he failed to reattach. One is the airbag impact sensor, this is the 2 hole mount style, and have yet to find the two holes underneath that match the two holes in the sensor. Where does it go? The other two electrical items are about an inch in diameter, but, they mount in a single hole somewhere, self locking in the hole, no screws, and in the center of those sensors is just a metal rod, about 1/8" diameter, 1/2" long and it does not extend past the plastic mounting lock. There are two of those, one on each side under the front of the frame, see attached pic. So, what are they? The two men that recommended this body shop, are now deceased, so can't even tell them it was a bad pick, and am surely never going back there to have him fix it. Thanks for any insight.
Attached Thumbnails Post wreck parts ID-img_3786%5B1%5D.jpg