Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Problems Problems Problems

Search this Thread

Old December 29th, 2014, 9:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems Problems Problems

Hey Everyone,

Is it me or when it rains it pours? I have an 08 Suburban LTZ, 5.3L, all factory.
I love it to death but all these problems are taking a toll on me. I bought it 8 months about with only 60k miles. And so far....

The trailer lights don't work, tow haul doesn't work, the rear A/C doesn't work, the rear defrost doesn't work, the front doors don't latch on a daily basis(Huge safety issue) passenger front door handle was pulled off all by 60K miles.

These are only some of the issues I have had, all relatively small but when you think you are buying a luxury vehicle that was relatively expensive new, (you think it would more then 60k miles). As of now it will be tough to purchase another Chevy/GMC.
Old December 29th, 2014, 10:21 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Why do you want to purchase another vehicle? Like you stated these problems are relatively small. The door handle is easily changed and checking for blown fuses might fix most of your other problems. You bought this vehicle used and do not know how it was treated or mistreated. If it runs good, give it a chance.
Old December 29th, 2014, 11:19 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default trailer lights

the 08 (and others) separate the power for trailer lights from the vehicle tail lights.

check your fuses!