Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Pulling to the Right hard

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2016, 4:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling to the Right hard

Hello People. I am Ross from the EverGreen State. Washington. I replaced my driver side Axcel and know when Braking it pulls hard to the Right. Can anybody let me know what to look at. Where to start. Thanks Ross
Old August 26th, 2016, 8:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

model year?
if it only happens when braking inspect the left caliper that you removed. Is the flex line twisted? Are the pads installed correctly...some models have a dedicated inside and outside pad...the inner pad won't move properly if installed in the wrong position.
Old August 27th, 2016, 7:53 PM
CF Beginner

It is a 1995 Suburan. It is my Nephews 1st chevy. And it's almost a Basket case. I been pulling parts off my 1997 Silverado Z71. I donated my Allternater already. We replaced both sets of Tie Rods and just the other day we or "I" had to replace driver side Front Axcel. I looked up on You Tube how would be the easiest way to change. I did not remove or mess with the brakes. Now it pulls real hard to the Right. I told him not to drive it til we ask around.
Old August 27th, 2016, 8:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default just about me

The Tie Rods and Axcel we got new. Alternator and Brackets I took off my Sliverado. I told him he can pick at some other parts. Like the Seats, grill, and some of the Body parts that will work. I am a "CHEVY PEEP" but I honestly never mest with 4X4's.I had 3 Chevelles a 64 and 66 SS. 94 Camero. and a 1955 wrap around window truck. I do have a 1997 Sliverado the Tranny went out on it. I told him we can wheel n deal on parts.
Old August 28th, 2016, 1:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if its not the brakes; a suspension or steering component may be loose and causing a directional change under braking forces. did it pull right before replacing the tie rods?

it will need alignment after tie rod replacement as the steering will be off-centre but it should not cause a brake pull.