Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

pump stop when pumping fuel 07 tahoe

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2012, 5:53 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Will make it difficult to put a locking cap on if one is so inclined.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 9:03 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can only open the fuel filler 'lid' from the inside .... something else ford did better than GM lol!

My Tahoe gives you unrestricted access to steal my fuel or put something bad down the tank. GM should really be ashamed...
Old March 22nd, 2012, 9:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
The fueling issue is an industry wide issue with variation in specific fuel nozzles throughout the fuel station industry.

Until the fuel station industry can replace the nozzles with the improved versions, please try another pump and/or another fuel station.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Originally Posted by EinST
Now, for a mechanical angle, check out thread https://chevroletforum.com/forum/ava...problems-5253/. The EVAP vent valve can become clogged but not enough to trigger a trouble code.
I noticed this happened occasionally on my '04 Avalanche, but only when cold out. I wondered if the oxygenated fuel used during winter months caused/exacerbated the issue?
Old March 22nd, 2012, 10:30 AM
CF Addict

Default yea

nothing as bad as the E85 scam... hey i know, let's use a FOOD SOURCE as FUEL. it will get us less MPG, cause food prices to rise, and ruin engines, but who cares as long as I get voted into office! right?
Old March 22nd, 2012, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I have also found that not deep throating the filler nozzle and backing it off a bit resolves the cut off problem when I have seen it.. However some states require that the nozzle be shoved down to allow fuel to pump...
I believe its a pump issue not a user or vehicle issue...
I could not find the info quickly in my manual but there is a or was an anti-siphon device placed in the filler hose to the tank...
When I replaced the fuel pump in my nieces 2003 Burb I had to remove the filler hose at the tank to drain it due to the screen ball device..
for the 07 replacement it also states to remove the filler neck and drain the tank directly from the tank opening... I suspect this is because of an anti-siphon device...
Old March 22nd, 2012, 11:16 AM
CF Veteran

MTBE has been phased out for years. We now have year-around "oxygenated fuel " a.k.a. E10. There's a difference between winter-blend vs. summer-blend but I don't see the connection to the mechanism of the fuel displacing the air in the fuel tank.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by EinST
MTBE has been phased out for years. We now have year-around "oxygenated fuel " a.k.a. E10. There's a difference between winter-blend vs. summer-blend but I don't see the connection to the mechanism of the fuel displacing the air in the fuel tank.
I considered it 'possible' that the extra effervescing effect of the increased oxygen present could cause enough extra turbulance to interfere with the auto shut-off mechanism of sensitive nozzles. In other words, without the oxygenated fuel, the flow is calmer and smoother. Just a theory, though.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 11:59 AM
CF Addict

Default pump gas

whatever you do, don't pump gas like these people:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...miami-station/
Old March 22nd, 2012, 2:56 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
nothing as bad as the E85 scam... hey i know, let's use a FOOD SOURCE as FUEL. it will get us less MPG, cause food prices to rise, and ruin engines, but who cares as long as I get voted into office! right?
Interesting enough, it has worked in Brazil for decades. They are now starting on E-100 also.

How does E-85 RUIN an engine?
How does E-85 cause food prices to RISE?

If what you say had one GRAIN of truth, then sugar from Brazil would be twice the price of sugar from any other source. As a matter of fact, the price of sugar and corn have increased at less than the rate of inflation.
Fact is, just like all commodity products, speculation, supply, demand, oil prices determine the consumer prices.

Do a little research before posting BS next time.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 9:03 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
You can only open the fuel filler 'lid' from the inside .... something else ford did better than GM lol!

My Tahoe gives you unrestricted access to steal my fuel or put something bad down the tank. GM should really be ashamed...
Try siphoning gas out of your Tahoe. Bet ya can't.

Quick Reply: pump stop when pumping fuel 07 tahoe