Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

R we being screwed by Transmission shop ? Help Advice needed !

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2010, 12:16 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all WHO was dealing with the shop directly, you or your husband? I know this is headed in a bad way but I have found many shops, that even in this day and age, are still taking advantage of women. ( this happened recently with my wife when I was out of town and they charged her 287.xx for what started out as an oil change at a quick lube place) This sounds like the tranny shop found the new problem and wanted you to pay for the repairs "needed" for the transfer case to absorb their costs to repair the broken trans. In other words, they wanted you to pay for their mistake. You did good!! You did your homework and followed your instincts and it saved you a lot of money. My speculation is that they were hoping that you would simply throw your hands up and say, whatever just fix it! GOOD JOB!!
Old July 15th, 2010, 2:57 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you so much for all of your replies. To be quite honest, my husband is very very much a "nice guy", too nice in fact, you can sucker him real easy.

It is more me who does not let that happen & gets to the bottom of things. Yes, he has met these men when dropping off the Burb, I have not, but it was ME who called to complain & say exactly what is happening and wanted answers. When they called back saying it was the transfer case, they only talked to him, but it was more me who decided I simply did not at all trust them, let's tow it out of there. I was totally convinced, if it WAS the Transfer Case, it happened because of something THEY did and I wanted it proven, if at all possible. I knew I could not live with NEVER KNOWING & possibly paying another $900 +.

When we have problems with our Trucks, I always come to Chevy boards & ask questions, I use another more than this one, and the guys are sooooo helpful, I love you all ! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! My husband likes to do all his own work -just because of situations like this, and I do the homework while he is at work, seeking answers - I've learned so much about BUrbs & mechanics coming to these boards.

I am a little bit of a shark, if I think someone is taking advantage of me-consumer wise , I will use every resource known to man to take you down. Yes, I am a woman- just a stay at home mom, but I have been told more than a few times I would make a good lawyer.

I feel like we did the right thing here (I hope), the other board - link here : http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...44#post4090244

..... some of these guys feel we should have just stayed with Tranny Shop #2 and eat the costs of Shop #1 while trying to get our $$ back through legal means. I don't know. I guess I am giving them another chance. BUt I must admit , it has been a whole day since I have heard from them, and thoughts of them being angry & possibly doing something else to another part of my truck - are running through my head. Yes, I am probably paranoid, but Hell you never know, if you pi** someone off bad enough , what they may do !!

Last edited by overrunwithsons; July 15th, 2010 at 3:01 PM.
Old July 15th, 2010, 9:01 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I'd like to think that they will do it right, crossing every T and dotting every i, just so they will not have to have you back in there hair....
Old July 16th, 2010, 6:09 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
I'd like to think that they will do it right, crossing every T and dotting every i, just so they will not have to have you back in there hair....
I absolutely LOVE your thoughts and HOPE you are correct !!

I know if I was in their position, that is how I would feel !!! Just for their reputation alone. Cause I do happen to have a very big mouth and LOVE to post reviews online also -whether to praise a Product/Service or give my story of Hell. I am VERY detailed & would not miss anything if complaining to the BBB, or even going to Small Claims if it comes to that.

On the other board, a member felt I should have gotten something in Writing, but I am not really sure what he meant , he did not explain.

With my warrenty being less than 2 weeks old- is that not enough ?

I already have my AAA logs in the mail to try to go after them if they (now) refuse to not pay for one - we agreed I would accept $45. (If he does not pay this, my only recourse is complain to BBB about EVERYTHING) I know he already paid the $200 to Shop #2 as agreed. I still have both charges in dispute on my credit card & told him I will drop these once all of these things are satisfied. (Getting the $63 diagnostic reversed)
Old July 17th, 2010, 12:52 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you all for following my story, we got the Burb back today, they refunded the $63 & handed me $50 for the tow to 2nd shop -all as promised. I know from talking to Shop #2, that the owner from Shop #1 came & talked to him personally & paid the $200 & was very nice.

We made it home anyway. Most likely we wont have any more problems. My Warrenty is still in effect till July 2011. He told me on the phone earlier about that clip (?) cracking in half or something, I didnt ask whether it was a new Clip or one of the old ones left in there. I would imagine with all these parts coming from China, every part is a RISk and can fail at any time. A shame really.

I guess we will never know IF this was truly an honest mistake on Shop #1's part or they were trying to "take us ", just that we did the right thing in taking it to Shop #2.

It all worked out for us very well.

Thanks for listening !
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->
Old July 18th, 2010, 1:23 PM
CF Junior Member

Well congratulations on a job well done!! I hope your future dealing work out just as well. Good luck and take it easy.
Old July 18th, 2010, 6:01 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good job on your part i was seeing that they were trying to pull the wool over your eyes in the beginning, and u saw through it good job!, i wish my wiofe were as diligent as u, i have to pull her teeth out to get her trans fluid changed (i do oil and plugs and other things i dont need expensive equipment for) good on you that u didnt take it at face value and followed your nose when u smelled something fishy