Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Radio going crazy!

Search this Thread

Old September 27th, 2011, 4:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by doktrred
Thanks, I don't know if that persons probs. were the same as mine but will keep this fix in mind, especially if other "fixes " don't work.

The wife took the truck to dealer yesterday and I sent the TSB I found with her. They told her there was a bad sensor in the radio and we need to replace the radio. I haven't had the time to talk to the service techs yet, so don't know if they even checked the audio amp connector as described in the TSB.
Can someone tell me where the audio amp is located and how to get to it if they didn't check it out? '07 suburban 5.3 L, don't know the radio codes as I am at work, but have the basic radio and CD changer.
Thanks
Mike
PM ShawnVW.He is a certified GM tech.Please share what you have found on the forum.Do not reply to Chevrolet Customer Service PM's.They don't know anything and are user review as a spammer.
Old September 27th, 2011, 7:05 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by doktrred
Thanks, I don't know if that persons probs. were the same as mine but will keep this fix in mind, especially if other "fixes " don't work.

The wife took the truck to dealer yesterday and I sent the TSB I found with her. They told her there was a bad sensor in the radio and we need to replace the radio. I haven't had the time to talk to the service techs yet, so don't know if they even checked the audio amp connector as described in the TSB.
Can someone tell me where the audio amp is located and how to get to it if they didn't check it out? '07 suburban 5.3 L, don't know the radio codes as I am at work, but have the basic radio and CD changer.
Thanks
Mike
You can pop the trim around the radio off and then remove the radio. Not sure which connector is the audio amp but could just check them all while in the neighborhood.
Old October 4th, 2011, 1:20 PM
CF Beginner

Been out of town for a few. So we're pretty sure the audio amp is on/in the radio, as opposed to being at a remote location(e.g. under console, seat etc...)?
Mike

So shawnvw is ok with a pm?
Old October 6th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

His sig said no PMs but haven't seen him on the forum for quite a while so you might try a PM or e-mail.
Old October 20th, 2011, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stereo speakers come and go

My stereo is doing the same thing. I have a standard stereo with CD player. No changer, XM, etc. Sometimes only my right rear speaker works then sometimes only my right front speaker works. Then all of a sudden all four speakers work for a while. Then back to right rear or right front again. Could someone please tell us where the audio amp connection is located????? I plan to remove the stereo and check the connections at the radio. But beyond that I don't know what to do. If I intall a aftermarket head unit with adpaters to use the factory wiring will I have the same problem?? I have a 2007 plain Jane Suburban.
Old October 21st, 2011, 9:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After all my research, it think it is the radio itself. Will buy aftermarket radio and adapter (Make sure you get adapter) Not sure but this should work.

Craig
Old November 3rd, 2011, 9:19 AM
CF Beginner

I removed the radio in my 2007 Suburban and checked the connectors to be sure they were securely attached (they were). I saw no radio speaker amp in the radio compartment. I have sound only from my right rear speaker most of the time and sound from the other speakers comes and goes. I have no clicking sound where the turns signals or emergency flashers are in use. Can someone please tell us where the radio speaker amp is located if one exists outside the radio itself??? I have a plan AM-FM radio CD player. No Bose, no CD changer, no OnStar.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 10:43 AM
CF Beginner

It is located under the center console. Pull the tray out where the cup holders are and the connectors will be located to the rear of the opening under the console. They are hard to get to via this access I am sure you can remove more the console to get to them easier however you might be able to reach under and wiggle them to see if one is loose. I am having a similar issue with no rear speakers.
Old November 4th, 2011, 6:01 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the response, but I'm a little confused.

I don't have a center console, only a fold down arm rest with a fairly large open storage compartment that is accessible with the armrest folded down and two cup holders near the front edge. I assume you are talking about some kind of large stationary center console that I guess comes in the more expensive Surburban models. Surely the speaker amp is not in the fold down armrest I have. I don't see any way to access the inside of the armrest. Could I still have a speaker amp somewhere else??? Again the 2007 Suburban I have is a stripped down (as stripped down as you can get anyway, which is not very stripped down) 1500 company owned work vehicle. The radio has no Bose, no XM and I do not have the OnStar system. My stereo is a plain AM/FM radio/CD player with an aux jack, no extras of any kind. Since my last post I have determined I have no sound when the turn signals/emergency flashers are on, no sound (chime) when the key is left in, no warning chimes/sounds of any kind. I understand the chimes/clickers work through the audio system (according to Crutchfield).

lel1956
Old November 4th, 2011, 6:02 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the response, but I'm a little confused.

I don't have a center console, only a fold down arm rest with a fairly large open storage compartment that is accessible with the armrest folded down and two cup holders near the front edge. I assume you are talking about some kind of large stationary center console that I guess comes in the more expensive Surburban models. Surely the speaker amp is not in the fold down armrest I have. I don't see any way to access the inside of the armrest. Could I still have a speaker amp somewhere else??? Again the 2007 Suburban I have is a stripped down (as stripped down as you can get anyway, which is not very stripped down) 1500 company owned work vehicle. The radio has no Bose, no XM and I do not have the OnStar system. My stereo is a plain AM/FM radio/CD player with an aux jack, no extras of any kind. Since my last post I have determined I have no sound when the turn signals/emergency flashers are on, no sound (chime) when the key is left in, no warning chimes/sounds of any kind. I understand the chimes/clickers work through the audio system (according to Crutchfield).

lel1956

Quick Reply: Radio going crazy!