Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Radio Problems

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2017, 9:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Problems

Hello,

I was seeking some help on figuring out why my radio cuts in and out. I installed a new head unit and replaced all the door speakers. In addition I added 2 12s in the back on their own amp and RCA cable to power them. What is happening is the door speakers will randomly stop working but the subs will keep running. I am thinking that the factory Bose amplifier ground wire might be loose but I have no idea where it is in the truck to check it. I don't think it is the wiring I did on the new head unit because the sound in every door speaker will go out while the sub is still running perfectly fine. If I hit a bump or throw the car in reverse or drive that will sometimes turn the door speakers on or off. This is why I think it is a loose or damaged wire somewhere along the way. Anything ideas will help greatly or where I can find the ground wire! Thanks a lot!

2002 suburban with Bose system