Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

radio removal

Search this Thread

Old July 6th, 2006, 1:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio removal

trying to get at the back of my 2003 Tahoe factory radio - want to connect an XM receiver through the Auxiliary (there is one, isn't there?) - but the cable's too short. I can get a couple fingers behind if I also remove the A/C panel, but not enough to get an idea of how to disconnect. I probably am being overcautious, but really don't want to rip out the wires.

Any tricks? Should there be plenty of wire? Do I need to remove the whole dash top??? (I hope not)

All help appreciated!
Old July 7th, 2006, 11:54 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: radio removal

as far at i know, you set the parking brake, put the car in 1st, remove the front trim off of the dash, unscrew the radio screws from the front, pull the radio out.. thats all there should be. I work at a dealer and have never had that problem. so if you have wires keeping the radio in, then they might be pinched behind the hvac control head or the ipc, but now the top of the dash does not need to come out unless someone screwed something up before. and yes there is an auxilary for the 6dish changer or tape player on some models, you'd have to get the auxilary harness and splice into it somehow.