Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Re-program Remote to Change Button Functions

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2011, 10:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-program Remote to Change Button Functions

I searched but did not find the proper thread for my question. I also joined this forum tonight so what does that tell you. I know how to re-program the remote for my 2010 Tahoe LTZ generally, but my question is a bit different.

Does anyone know if its possible to re-program the remote so that you can change the functions of the buttons? In other words I have the 6 button remote with starter on top, then lock/unlock side by side, and panic red button at the bottom. Is there a way to change the remote so that the current red panic button becomes the starter button, for example. I am thinking of creative ways to engineer a flip key from my current Tahoe 6 button remote (realizing that I will lose a button), and believe I could do it using the shell of a 2010 5 button Camero flip key by just using the motherboard from my current remote and finding ways for it to fit in the flip key shell. I believe my current remote's motherboard would fit in the flip key shell, and the buttons may be close to lining up with the current buttons of the shell, and rather than move the logos on the keys of the Camero remote I wanted to find out if its even possible to move the functions of my current remote.
Old April 5th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure but I'd bet that the whole fob electronics is hardware programmed.
Old April 6th, 2011, 7:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tend to agree with you, likely why I have to yet find any way to re-program the functions of the buttons. Thanks.