Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rear blower inop

Old September 9th, 2016, 5:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Helpu
Hello rtkachuk. Not sure if I replied to your question already. Tell me what you have done/troubleshoot so far and your mech/auto elect savviness
If I tap the passenger rear cargo area plastic shroud the blower kicks on. Could this be the motor? If so, do you have a part number?
Old September 9th, 2016, 5:50 PM
CF Beginner

Sounds like you might be in luck and something minor. Could be a loose wire/connection. Take off the 1/4 panel and check the connections on the blower FSR unit. Check your ground wire while you're at it make sure it's not loose make sure the nut is on tight. Check the blower make sure there is nothing jammed in there causing it to be intermittent. Motors either good or no good, there is no in-between. Also check the thin wire(sensing wire---purple) for good connection. I did not need to replace my blower motor( so I would not have a part # but that's an extreme case and I tend to think your problem is not the motor.
Old September 9th, 2016, 5:50 PM
CF Beginner

Sounds like you might be in luck and something minor. Could be a loose wire/connection. Take off the 1/4 panel and check the connections on the blower FSR unit. Check your ground wire while you're at it make sure it's not loose make sure the nut is on tight. Check the blower make sure there is nothing jammed in there causing it to be intermittent. Motors either good or no good, there is no in-between. Also check the thin wire(sensing wire---purple) for good connection. I did not need to replace my blower motor( so I would not have a part # but that's an extreme case and I tend to think your problem is not the motor.
Old July 31st, 2017, 9:58 AM
CF Beginner

Default No power to rear AC 2005 Chevy Tahoe

Not sure if this are old post or current issues but I just fixed mine and if you need info let me know. Maybe I can help.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some intel on my rear AC problem. I am not getting any kind of air from the rear ac. I use the front and rear controls and no luck. I have not done anything to it at all because I wouldn't know where to start . Can someone please help . Thank you
Old July 31st, 2017, 4:39 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 2005Tahoe
I was wondering if anyone could give me some intel on my rear AC problem. I am not getting any kind of air from the rear ac. I use the front and rear controls and no luck. I have not done anything to it at all because I wouldn't know where to start . Can someone please help . Thank you
Hello
Still having AC issues? Give full details of the issues you are having and what you have done so far. Reply to this email as I am not good with navigating the forums. I had an initial AC issue last year I fixed myself for $30 instead of $1200 at dealer, troubleshooting then replacing the Aux. rear AC control module but then a month ago I ran into another issue which I fixed myself for $60 instead of $500 at the delaer. Every little detail is very important for good diagnosis and hopeful I can help resolve your AC issues.
Thx
Filipo
Old July 31st, 2017, 4:48 PM
CF Beginner

1. Is the front AC and Heater running normally
2. From what you said, the rear Blower does not come on at all when the controls(rear) are in right settings correct?
3. Does your car have both a front and rear overhead console controls for the rear AC? and you have set these controls in the correct positions but still no rear air, correct?
Old July 31st, 2017, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

1. Is the front AC and Heater running normally
2. From what you said, the rear Blower does not come on at all when the controls(rear) are in right settings correct?
3. Does your car have both a front and rear overhead console controls for the rear AC? and you have set these controls in the correct positions but still no rear air, correct?
You can reply here. I can get ur message
Old July 31st, 2017, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

U can reply here. I can get ur message now
Old July 31st, 2017, 9:07 PM
CF Beginner

Hello
Still having AC issues? Give full details of the issues you are having and what you have done so far. Reply to this email as I am not good with navigating the forums. I had an initial AC issue last year I fixed myself for $30 instead of $1200 at dealer, troubleshooting then replacing the Aux. rear AC control module but then a month ago I ran into another issue which I fixed myself for $60 instead of $500 at the delaer. Every little detail is very important for good diagnosis and hopeful I can help resolve your AC issues.
Thx
Filipo

ok so my rear ac is not working at all it does not turn on! I will turn on the front one and use the AUX in the back and the front and nothing . I haven't tried anything at all to repair it .
Old August 1st, 2017, 12:10 AM
CF Beginner

ok so my rear ac is not working at all it does not turn on! I will turn on the front one and use the AUX in the back and the front and nothing . I haven't tried anything at all to repair it .
Can't help if you do not give good information.
What is your level of mechanical or electrical know how?
Answer the three(3)questions I posted directly and individually.. Do not bundle the answers together as it gets confusing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear blower inop