Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

REAR DOOR LOCKING PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2007, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts
Default REAR DOOR LOCKING PROBLEM

Today I noticed that the rear doors won't lock with the remote or the inside switch. They unlock either way. Can't find anything wrong. I got them to lock once out of about 20 tries. Anybody experience this?
Old June 1st, 2007, 8:23 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: REAR DOOR LOCKING PROBLEM

One of the B-pillar wiring harness's around the seat belt retractor may be chaffed or damaged.
Old June 1st, 2007, 8:04 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey this happened to us in a 07 silverado 2500HD the other day but it was all of the doors. Crew Cab. This truck was brand new.We were getting ready to start an alarm install andon pre-inspection we noticed this. After trying both door switches and remotes,the locks were trying to lock or go down but wouldnt. You could here the action but they acted as if they were jammed.All doors appeared to be closed and nothing in the dic about door beingopen. After opening and reclosing all the doors it seemed to start working. weird.

Did your locks try to close or go down or where they dead, no action?
Old June 3rd, 2007, 10:57 PM
Administrator

They unlock fine with all three modes, key fob, door switch, and putting into park. Most of the time tho, they can only be locked manually. Today however, they started working again. Will see how long this lasts. Hate problems that seem to fix themselves. []

Thanks ZX, will check wiring.
Old June 4th, 2007, 11:21 AM
e
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have any aftermarket electronics installed in your truck?

If so make sure they are not grounded toany dash supports or braces. Make sure they go to the body where you have PAINT. Also never connect tofactory grounds as well. Ohms can vary when not properly grounded and this can cause problems with the factorycommands in LAN BUS systems.

The 07 truckwe had problems with started acting up again and I noticed that someone grounded his bluetooth to thedash support. As soas Iregrounded thebluetoothto the body the lock problem stopped.
Old June 4th, 2007, 2:24 PM
Administrator

Nope, not one thing. Thanks for the tips though. Vehicle wiring always was tough when you had to rely on using chassis as a return. I can imagine what a nightmare it is now with bus technology. That's why I like my plastic car. If you want ground, you run a wire somewhere that's hard ground, not to a piece of sheetmetal.