Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rear Fascia Closeout

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2008, 7:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Fascia Closeout

I just purchased a 2008 Tahoe. I received the "rear fascia closeout" to cover the trailer hitch area on the back. The instructions that came with it lack greatly in clarity or detail. Obviously, since drilling is involved, I do not want to put holes in my vehicle incorrectly.

Therefore, for anyone who has put one on, please give me exact instructions on how to put the closeout on or if you know of any clearer instructions on the internet, please send me the link to it.

Thank You!
Old February 13th, 2008, 8:00 AM
e
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Rear Fascia Closeout

Welcome. If you cut the template out and place on the underside of the bumper above the hitch you will get a better view of how it goes. On the template there is a curve which will line up with the underside of the bumper. If you have the RearParkAssist be very carefull when drilling, as the sensor wires are running up there.
Old February 13th, 2008, 8:36 AM
CF Senior Member

Do what I did, don't drill any holes...

Use double sided tape, get the good stuff that the body shops use, it's made from 3M and can be bought at most auto part stores for under 5 bux.

This way if you mess it up, you get another chance...

I bought my truck in March of 07 and have brought her to the car wash every week and it's still holding up like the day I put it on, it's not going anywere as long as you clean the underside where your going to mount the bracket well.
Old February 13th, 2008, 7:57 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: 07summitwhite

Do what I did, don't drill any holes...

Use double sided tape, get the good stuff that the body shops use, it's made from 3M and can be bought at most auto part stores for under 5 bux.

This way if you mess it up, you get another chance...

I bought my truck in March of 07 and have brought her to the car wash every week and it's still holding up like the day I put it on, it's not going anywere as long as you clean the underside where your going to mount the bracket well.
Like he said. I did the same, and it works great!
Old February 13th, 2008, 8:53 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the Tahoe forum. Try searching on this forum as there were several discussions about this issue about a year ago.
Old March 8th, 2008, 12:27 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This one is SO much better lookin', and you don't have to drill anything. https://chevroletforum.com/m_20752/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm
Old March 8th, 2008, 11:42 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought the other one too. It does look much better.

Since you already purchased... Don't drill. Use the 3m double sided. It won't give if you clean first and it is dry, warm and clean when you apply.

Old March 23rd, 2008, 8:15 AM
CF Active Member

I went ahead and drilled. Justwork your way up to the required size by using smaller size drill bits.

Firstphoto is of the template in place.
[IMG]local://upfiles/14159/3251DDD8C1284523AECFB173B722D9DC.jpg[/IMG]

Second photois of the actual bracket in place.
[IMG]local://upfiles/14159/278C2729DECA4F81BF7B4D7AAA7690ED.jpg[/IMG]
Old April 3rd, 2008, 12:43 PM
CF Beginner

How does the OEM covermount at the bottom? I like the Street Scene cover that mounts to the receiver, but I don't want to do any painting.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 2:14 PM
CF Active Member

For the OEM version, the external attachment of the actual fascia piece is completed by quarter-turn fasteners onits bottom edge that are hidden from view.

Slide the top prongs of the fascia into their appropriate slots (on the bracket that you just installed) and slide the fascia piece to the left.Then push the quarter-turn fasteners into the square holes of the fascia that line up with square factory holes on bottom of bumper and turn them a quarter turn in either direction.

To take off, turn the quarter turn fasteners a quarter turn and slide the piece back to the right.

Quick Reply: Rear Fascia Closeout