Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rear windows

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2019, 7:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear windows

I have a 08 Tahoe ltz and the rear windows won’t roll down only from the master switch what can cause this
Old March 16th, 2019, 9:04 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

You're new here, I'm trying to decipher your post. If your rear windows do not lower using the master switch but do lower/raise from the rear door switches, then sounds like a bad master switch.

Do the rear windows raise using the master switch?
Old March 16th, 2019, 10:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They roll up/down with the master switch but don’t roll up/down with the rear door switches
Old March 16th, 2019, 12:05 PM
CF Pro Member

Originally Posted by Cusser
You're new here, I'm trying to decipher your post. If your rear windows do not lower using the master switch but do lower/raise from the rear door switches, then sounds like a bad master switch. Do the rear windows raise using the master switch?
Originally Posted by David Carroll
They roll up/down with the master switch but don’t roll up/down with the rear door switches
I was correct: I didn't understand your post, your wording was vague.

You need to determine whether positive voltage is getting to both rear window switches with the ignition in the "run" position. If so, and rear switches don't work, then switch(es) are bad. If not, maybe wire not connected at the master switch. A wiring diagram for 2008 would help you.

Old March 19th, 2019, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Check to make sure the master switch panel lock out is not engaged for the rear windows. There is a button/switch on the master panel that you can use to lock out the back windows to keep your kids or pets from rolling down the windows.
Old March 19th, 2019, 2:14 PM
CF Pro Member

Good point; I drive our GMC so little I forget about modern safety stuff like that. Unfortunately, every time I try to look up anything in the owner's manual, it takes me from chapter to chapter.