Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

remote start not turning on heater??

Search this Thread

Old December 30th, 2014 | 12:28 PM
CF Beginner

Default remote start not turning on heater??

We have a 2013 Tahoe that we bought around Aug of last year. It has the remote start feature, and I swear that when we first got it I was able to remote start it and then be able to have the heat or AC running. In fact, I specifically remember a time that I had been grocery shopping and it was hot so I remote started it in the parking lot and my daughter got in and adjusted all the controls while I loaded up the groceries so it was fairly cool by the time we were done.

Then awhile ago, I was having some issues with the climate control ... it was changing temperature by itself, so I took it to the dealer; they said it was just a software update and fixed it. But ever since, the remote start hasn't been turning on any heat. If I remote start the vehicle, all the dash is blacked out and it just blows cold air. I've sat in it and played with it ... even if I have the temp set to 90 before I turn it off, it doesn't go back to 90 with the remote start.

So I took it to the dealer again yesterday, and they said that's just the way remote start is. He told me no matter what, the remote start will just go to 74 for the climate control.

I feel like I'm going crazy, because I SWEAR it wasn't like that before!! I mean, isn't the whole point of remote start is to be able to cool off or heat the car???
Old December 30th, 2014 | 5:42 PM
Official GM Rep

Hello Naomi02,

Very sorry for this! We would be happy to look into this further for you, and possible provide additional information. Please feel free to send us a private message us along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership. Looking forward to your response.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care