Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Remote started and then panic alarm sounded

Search this Thread

Old April 13th, 2015, 7:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote started and then panic alarm sounded

I remote started my Tahoe this morning, 3 minutes after doing so the panic alarm started going off. I couldn't remote lock the doors after shutting the alarm off, but the truck responded to the unlock button. Never attempted to remote start again, started just fine with key and the remote continued to work fine afterwards. Was thinking the remote battery is dying, but have no problem locking unlocking the truck no matter the distance. Any ideas?

Thanks
Old April 14th, 2015, 9:23 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyFam08
I remote started my Tahoe this morning, 3 minutes after doing so the panic alarm started going off. I couldn't remote lock the doors after shutting the alarm off, but the truck responded to the unlock button. Never attempted to remote start again, started just fine with key and the remote continued to work fine afterwards. Was thinking the remote battery is dying, but have no problem locking unlocking the truck no matter the distance. Any ideas?

Thanks
Hello ChevyFam08,

I see that you were having trouble with your remote start and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Have you taken your vehicle into a Certified Chevrolet dealership to address your concerns? If you'd like, I can check into this issue for you and contact your dealership on your behalf. Please send your VIN, preferred dealership, contact information and mileage to us in private message and I'll gladly proceed.

Thank you and enjoy your afternoon,

Jasmine F
Chevrolet Customer Care