Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Replace Front Bumper?

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2014, 4:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace Front Bumper?

Hello all,

New to the forum here and I have a question for all the Tahoe enthusiasts out there:

Can anyone tell me of a good replacement option for a front bumper on my 2005 Tahoe?

Some details:

The PO hit a deer. The bumper is still attached and all, but is a little beat up. The plastic bit above the bumper (which holds the directional lights) is being held in with zip ties, and the plastic cover over the bottom of the bumper is torn on both sides.

I don't really like the way the stock bumpers are constructed, and getting a replacement looks like a real pain. Are there any non-OEM options out there maybe using a single piece instead of the two piece stock system?

I looked at a few steel bumpers, such as the Ranch Hand and they were pretty expensive - like $900-$1000 range. That's a little more than I was wanting to spend.

I live out in the country, so the tuner-ish plastic bumpers probably would get destroyed pretty quickly so those wouldn't really be an option. I would need something more rugged.

Thanks for any help you can give me.