Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

7 year 70k bumper 2 bumper

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2011, 12:58 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 7 year 70k bumper 2 bumper

Well, my Tahoe came back from the dealer yesterday, my driver's heated seat working again (after 3 trips) they waived my inspection and emissions ($60) and called GM and backed me up in requesting the additional warranty.

I also filed w/the BBB asking GM for a 7 year 70,000 bumper to bumper since my '09 Tahoe (bought NEW w/6 miles on it) has been to the dealer more than 20 TWENTY! times since new for various items.

I paid $940 for the 5 year 60k bumper to bumper, this isn't a big ask.

GM is going to get back to me on it, the dealer agrees with me it's not a big ask, and knows they have done it in the past for others.

I'll let everyone know if I get it.

If GM built a quality vehicle for the $48,900 I paid, they won't miss a penny, if, infact, they built crap... then they will fix it.
Old February 1st, 2011, 5:37 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good get Sabr.
If I had as many issues with my 08 burb as you have had, Id be po'd too.
Bet you miss the Wrangler.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 7:09 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Yea

I do miss the TJ, but by selling it and paying off my Tahoe I was able to jump on a home that has enough garage to park 8-9 wranglers...

The wrangler, even with a 6" long arm lift and 35" tires had only been to the dealer ONCE in 3 years....

But yea, if GM does not call me today; I will call them.... and see what the progress is.

the BBB called me back, and has confirmed the validity of my case.

The tahoe had also kicked the jeep out of the garage (jeep roof leaked), but whatever, I had fun bulding it, so I'll build another in a few years!

I do miss my old tahoe too, today we have a bunch of ice in PA, and although my new tahoe is amazing in snow, I'd prefer to wreck a 1995 vs a 2009! the old one also liked to crash through snow banks (or maybe that was me)... and had an actual METAL bumper that would let me do such... the new one... not so much...
Attached Thumbnails 7 year 70k bumper 2 bumper-jeep1.jpg   7 year 70k bumper 2 bumper-jeep2.jpg  

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; February 2nd, 2011 at 7:13 AM.