Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Replacing my 08 Suburban - AFM Issues - Advice?

Search this Thread

Old April 20th, 2017, 3:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Replacing my 08 Suburban - AFM Issues - Advice?

My 2008 Suburban LTZ was recently totalled. I am trying to decide what to replace it with. I had AFM issues with the motor. The first time repaired at no cost to me then again at around 120K paid out of my own pocket to repair. Had a few of the other issues discussed here (dashboard cracking, airride system leaking, doorhandles peeling). I actually liked the car a lot in spite of all that and it brought me and my family through a pretty bad wreck without harm.

Have looked around at the other manufacturers, but it seems that all have their share of issues. So I am considering going up a couple of years to say a 2010 Suburban. The AFM issue really gives me a lot of anxiety though. I don't want to go through that again, so I am looking for advice. Are the 2010s less prone to AFM problems? Are there other issues I should be aware of? Other vehicles I should consider?

Thanks1