Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Replacing/Repairing Interior Parts?

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2008, 1:28 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing/Repairing Interior Parts?

Almost 16 son has a 95 Tahoe (2 door) and I am considering buying (stealing?) a 98 GMC Suburban w/ 69,000 miles. Both vehicles need some interior things fixed. The "filler" piece under the steering wheel on son's car needs replacing and possibly the door panel. Maybe a few other things. The Suburban has the same center console as the Tahoe but the Tahoe's is sturdy and tight, the Suburban's is loose and the latch doesn't work--also no cup holders in it--cd rack instead. Also Suburban's visor mirror covers are crappy --the covers fall off! I have seen the rplacement parts in catalogs or on Ebay but I don't see where there is an instruction manual for the inside pieces. The manual I have is more for mechanical stuff. Anyone know where I could find a manual or directions? How much of a PITA to replace the console/visors etc will affect how much I offer for the Suburban!
Old May 26th, 2008, 10:55 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Replacing/Repairing Interior Parts?

The center console is EASY. Simply remove everything in it and look down at the floor of the console. Remove the screws on the inside and it comes right out. The visors are a diferent story because some come wired for the lights and some don't. If you have a KEYSTONE auto parts supply center near you, they sell every body part you can find and most of them come with installation instructions.